BEAUTYWORKS hair products faulty?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I get hair extensions done costing over £500 for the initial cost of hair and fit and a further £100 each time I go back to get the hair refitted. The hair purchased is supposed to last a few months until the colour goes and then you can get them replaced with new hair when this happens. I had my hair done with new extensions November 28th 2021. From the first wash the colour began to come out, I was told by the hairdresser this is normal for the first few washes. The colour continued to come out each wash until the hair was as bad as the last hair colour that I had last replaced. When I spoke to my hairdresser she said that I would have to take it up with the company she purchased the hair from - Beautyworks, who she said is has very bad customer service.

Any ideas how I go about this?

Hi, I get hair extensions done costing over £500 for the initial cost of hair and fit and a further £100 each time I go back to get the hair refitted.

The hair purchased is supposed to last a few months until the colour goes and then you can get them replaced with new hair when this happens.

I had my hair done with new extensions November 28th 2021.

From the first wash the colour began to come out, I was told by the hairdresser this is normal for the first few washes.

The colour continued to come out each wash until the hair was as bad as the last hair colour that I had last replaced.

When I spoke to my hairdresser she said that I would have to take it up with the company she purchased the hair from - Beautyworks, who she said is has very bad customer service.

Any ideas how I go about this?

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Do you buy the hair directly from the company yourself or does the hairdresser supply it and you pay her?  If the latter, and your post does give that impression, then you have no contract with the supplier but you do with the hairdresser.

Edited by hightail

Getting fobbed off by the hairdresser!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

If you did not purchase these hair extension yourself from beautyworks then the Hairdresser is fobbing you off.

You have paid that Hairdresser to provide a Service it is the Hairdresser responsibility to contact Beautyworks about the issue with the Hair Extension and for them to resolve this issue not you

Where this would be different is if you purchased the Hair Extensions yourself from Beautyworks to provide to the Hairdresser then you would need to take the issu up yourself with Beautyworks but from your post is sounds like this is not the case

So could you just clarify for us did you purchase the Hair Extensions Only direct from the Hairdresser or Direct from Beautyworks?

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

In that case you need to take this issue up directly with the Hair Salon/Hairdresser that fitted these Hair Extension as you paid for this Service it is their responsibility to resolve this issue and not for your to contact Beautyworks that is the Hair Salons/Hairdressers problem to take up with Beautyworks.

That Hair Salon/Hairdresser that told you to take it up with Beautywork is wrong and that should never have been stated to you as it seems they are trying to fob you off with not our problem deal with Beautyworks.

When these Hair Extension were fitted were you given advice/leaflet on how to maintain then i.e. if there are specific shampoo's and conditioners that you must use, how long they must be left before washing your hair etc. (this is just an example as I am no expert in this area but I would have expected you to have been given advice on how to upkeep the hair extensions).

IMO you need to write to the Hair Salon explaining the Service you paid for them to fit XXXX Hair Extensions at a cost of £XXXX , them explain the issue you have had since they were fitted, then explain the advice given to you by XXXX Hairdresser that you are required to take this issue up direct yourself with Beauty Works and that their customer service is poor. 

I find your aftercare and customer service due to the above disgraceful for the following reasons;

1. I Paid £XXXX to your Hair Salon to provide the Service of fitting these Hair Extensions. (DESCRIBE IN MORE DETAIL IF YOU WISH)

2. I was given NO advice to the aftercare of these Hair Extensions. (DELETE THIS IF YOU WERE GIVEN ADVICE)

3. It is NOT the customers that paid for a Service at your Hair Salons responsibility to contact the Company (Beauty Works) that your Hair Salon purchased these Hair Extensions from as the customer has NO Contract nor Service with that Company but directly with your Hair Salon.

4. My Contract/Service to fit these Hair Extensions lies directly with your Hair Salon.

I wish to come to a resolution with your Hair Salon to rectify this issue with these specific Hair Extension and look forward to your reply

At present you are trying to get them to resolve this issue with the Hair Extensions but if need be and they start to play hard ball then keep this in mind of what to ask them for next but don't add this to the above letter suggestion yet.

If they play hard ball you then ask for the below:

Public Liability Insurance Detail

Products Liability Insurance Details

Treatment Liability Insurance Details

Others may be along to advise on the above.

Could you name the Hair Salon/Location?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi stu007,

The person who did my extensions is the owner of the Glam Bar hairdressers in Hereford. These are the second lot of hair extensions I have had done the first one’s were perfect. I have followed her advice to the T, infact  she commented on what excellent condition my last extensions were in when she took them out. 

I had wondered if she had given me second hand hair that she had coloured herself because I’ve never had the dye come out like that before.

I have emails to prove my appointments but she didn’t receipt & I paid cash, apart from my first appointment with her which was a bacs.

Hi

I would recommend doing as I suggested in post#6

As for The Glam Bar Hereford I can't find an actual website for them bar on Facebook, Instagram etc.

What I did find is this website link for Sophia Olivia Hair:

WWW.SOPHIAOLIVIAHAIR.COM

when you look at the link is states:

Sophia co-owns a Hair & Beauty salon, "The Glam Bar Hereford" based in Hereford City Centre.

Also when you look at the above website link at the top when it goes through the pictures there is a plaque for better words stating 'Beauty Works. Master Extensionist'.

Then at the top of the webpage click on 'About'

:

WWW.SOPHIAOLIVIAHAIR.COM

When you read through it part of it states:

Two years later, Sophia Olivia moved locations closer to Hereford's city centre, opening 'The Glam Bar Hereford' with her best friend, co-owner Jennifer Moran, Offering all aspects of hair & beauty.

So The Glam Bar Hereford is Co-Owned and both Co-Owners names are Sophia Olivia and Jennifer Moran

• Like 1