Erudio arrear's and want to apply for SAAS postgraduate loan

Rubyblue

Hi,

does anyone know how to calculate monthly repayment costs on an Erudio student loan?

I failed to defer due to severe health issues and other extenuating circumstances and it's gone to a DCA.

If Erudio take it back, best case is they would put it back in deferment and I'd have to pay arrears between end of last deferral and now

. I'm panicking , especially as I can't work out how to calculate how much that would be.

That's also the best-case scenario.

I have no idea what the worst is. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are being had blind.

eruido are Arrows DCA, and capquest or anyone else are just a diff bloke in a diff coloured skirt sitting at a desk nearer the bog.

when did you last successfully defer ?

what was the last year of your loans?

how old are you now?

ive moved you to the slc forum

100's of erudio threads here to read

i suggest you get upto speed by reading a few 10's

a dca is not a BAILIFF

and has

zERO legal powers on any debt..no matter what its type..

where are you getting all this bs from... I hope you have not been talking on the phone??  Cause they lie!! And will never put their lies in writing as like before when Erudio were fined by the fca/fos.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I've read lots of the threads here and on other forums but struggling to get my head around them.

I've deferred each year as I should to SLC and also to Erudio when it switched, using their forms (my mistake I now realise...I had no idea).

I failed to defer AND to notify of change of address because of pretty drastic extenuating circumstances.

Last deferral ended 2020.

Last pre-98 loan 2001 and I'm under 43. My loans have all defaulted and being 'managed' by another DCA but still owned by Erudio.

Just now I'm gathering evidence to support the extenuating circumstances, as suggested by staff member at Erudio.

Is there a better approach?

Where am I going wrong?

Oh, and thanks so much for your help - I've read a good deal of threads with your work and you've helped so many people.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

please take the trouble to add blank lines and paragraphs to your posts

that's 2 i've spaced for you.

wheres this they want background info request come from ..over the phone or by LETTER 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you

well im really surprised that if you've read other forums and read here, inc my content, you grabbed the phone and let yourself be scammed by BS.

they have no right at all to any of your personal data , STOP PHONE CALLS TO ANY DCA.

this also concerns me...

2 hours ago, Rubyblue said:

My loans have all defaulted and being 'managed' by another DCA but still owned by Erudio.

they are not ANOTHER DCA, they are the same one ARROWS, just differing desks under differing trading names.

have you ever earned above the SLC payment threshold on the years you 'forgot'  to update  with your correct and current address?

i say this because your actions put you in SERIOUS risk of backdoor CCJ 's, not only with arrows and this debacle, but with any other debt you had on your credit file or not if you 'used' that source of credit or paid it within the last say 7yrs 

have you written to Arrows group informing them in writing, of your present and current address if your last deferment was a different one?

and they

Never earned above the threshold in any year since graduating, including ones I didn't update with address. How do I so this? Recorded mail?

I've not written to update address but updated over phone. Should I write? 

Had I deferred for another few years, my loans would have been cancelled due to 25 years under threshold. That's why I'm trying to get it back under deferral. Have I got this wrong? 

The other threads I've read, people have forgot to defer but debt is SB as they've had no contact for years or they've updated address but had no forms or been refused deferral because self-employed etc. 

I understand they're the same company. That's how they had my mobile to contact me. Of course there was no phone call until over a year after default.

I also wanted to say that, had I read your posts and other advice on forums before being contacted by the DCA, I would have proceeded with more caution.

I wish to God I had your level of knowledge and understanding, but I was caught off guard at what continues to be an ongoing period of crisis for our family. Sorry, I don't know how to add this to my previous comment and avoid multiple entries :-)

I will listen carefully to your advice and learn so I can avoid being a mug as things proceed, but I understand it may be too late for that.

There are numerous cases here like yours, you shouldn't have arrears and you shouldn't be defaulted. Its amazing how many here had letters emails and text chasing them to defer and allowing it late without penalty by erudio. Then others that get this rubbish. Its just a tickbox on a mass spreadsheet

pers id write to erudio including slc deferment forms for the years missed, simply explaining briefly your extenuating circs. And let them get on with it.

dx

and they

Thank you.

I will find a pdf of the SLC deferment form and send for the years missed. 

I emailed Erudio last week to confirm I was gathering evidence of extenuating evidence as per telephone call. Is that an issue for me or do I just proceed as you explained? 

What outcome should I expect?

Will they make a CCJ?

Will my debt be written off when I hit 25 years after last loan issued? 

Edited by dx100uk
Format

Form in this very same forum 

click this forums name right up the top 

Dx

and they

Thanks, I've completed the fold SLC forms (two sets, one for each missed year) and written a cover letter explaining extenuating circumstances. I wasn't sure how much detail to go into. It's one A4 page long.

What should I expect in return?

How long should I wait before doing anything? I'm worried about my credit rating if I just let things sit.

I've not included documentary evidence of extenuating circumstances, on your advice.

Finally, should I send deferrals recorded delivery?

Will an online banking transactions record suffice for proof of receipt of child benefit as my banking is online. I've redacted other transactions --is that OK?

a full one page letter is far too much detail.

is it too pers to post here what these circs were all about?

and they

Is there another way to tell you privately?

In short, partner developed critical illness late 2019 and has been in hospital since then, more often than not. Covid hit the month we were moved by HA due to his mobility and fact he was given 6 month's to live (ds1500 form).

I worked ft from home whilst homeschooling for majority of that time as too risky to return child to school until late 2020, and they've been in and out school months at a time ever since.

I care for partner when he's not in hospital too. My mental health has taken a massive hit.

Yep know that form!

your brief statement above is good enough.. Nothing more is needed.

none of their business. The finer details..

and they

I'm sorry to hear you're familiar with that form...

OK, I feel more comfortable with the edited version, so thanks for giving me the confidence to not over-explain.

What might I expect next?

CCJ?

Court?

Is there any realistic chance of a backdated deferral? 

Why should I not send evidence of mitigating circumstances? Is this evidence I'd use if it went to court?

Do I need to send recorded delivery?

No just send it 2nd class post with free proof of posting from any po, if you wish. no need for evidence

there are lots of threads here whereby such actions were the end of peoples issues.

you seem to be obsessed with court.

A dca has no more legal powers than you or i if we think someone owes us money..one of which is a claimform.

but they as us must abide by the pre action protocol and 1st issue a letter of claim

and they

OK, fingers crossed and thanks so much for your help.

Do I need to get something back from them in writing?

am obsessed with court! I feel I couldn't cope with one more thing just now, but your knowledge and advice is reassuring.

Thanks so much for your patience.

The link is for info in England/Wales. Is there similar for Scotland please?

aha are you in scotland like me then now?

and they

It's very very rare for erudio to go for a court decree, the process and the differences to assure winning these cases is far harder for them .

And out of this comes one thing already...they are saying ccj? when it's a decree so generic automated letters?

and they

That's a relief. Nobody has mentioned anything about a CCJ. I'm just worried about decrees and called them CCJs incorrectly. I think you mentioned I might be laying myself open to a backdoor CCJ?

The person I spoke with at Erudio last week (before I posted here) said that Erudio "may take the claim 'back'" if I "provided documentary evidence of extenuating circumstances - as much as possible". They said they may then consider putting it back into deferral if I paid off all the "arrears" that have accrued between the end of the last deferral and now. 

However, I've not sent that evidence (I have lots, from GP, hospital, landlord, MSPs and mental health professionals) and have instead sent the SLC deferral forms with cover letter, as you advised.

I now realise (with your educating me) that it's reasonable for Erudio to consider my extenuating circumstances, coupled with the fact I've never been over the earnings threshold, and backdate my deferrals. My mobile has never changed but they only used it to contact me via Capquest, almost two years after my last deferral.

I did ask why they hadn't contacted me by phone before and I was advised that at the time my defaults were being made, they didn't use phone to contact people, but that they had now changed their practice.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

7 minutes ago, Rubyblue said:

I might be laying myself open to a backdoor CCJ?

well backdoor litigation, but as you are in scotland, that explains why they have not done that as they can't, court papers must be served person 2 person via by officers of the sheriff .

10 minutes ago, Rubyblue said:

said that Erudio "may take the claim 'back'"

load of ole BS, arrows, erudio, capquest all the same lot ... see they LIE! 

10 minutes ago, Rubyblue said:

They said they may then consider putting it back into deferral if I paid off all the "arrears" that have accrued between the end of the last deferral and now. 

another lie to get money out of you.

11 minutes ago, Rubyblue said:

they didn't use phone to contact people, but that they had now changed their practice.

no another lie, they as all dCA's use the phone to extort money out of people by lying and threatening things over the phone that they would be struck off for if they put in writing .

13 minutes ago, Rubyblue said:

They said they may then consider putting it back into deferral

they will anyway.

and they

Because of your help I've been able to sleep again. Thank you so much. 

Do they send letters to confirm deferral? 

Should I expect to have no arrears once back in deferral?

This detail is important as my debt should be cancelled in the next few years as I've been under the earnings threshold since graduation and will never be in the position to earn their threshold.

it will.

just trying to scam you.

please dont pay anything 

just let it run.

not lost a scottish claim in person yet esp in the far north area

most of the sheriffs know my work and 3 know me personally now up here

once they see my work, and that im involved, reasoned thought prevails.

the scottish legal system is alot lot diff to the E&W system and they don't like play acting on debts

and they

OK, thanks.

Do you mean it will have arrears but I should let it run until they go to the sheriffs then state my case?

Could I be deferring to them until I drop down dead??!

Edited by Rubyblue