• Tweets

• I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrow/NCO - old Vaniquis Card Debt - New wrongly dated default! **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon

I stumbled across this link searching for Arrow & NCO; 

There is a member here dx100 who provided some great feedback to the above

the above post kind of relates to me in a way as I've received correspondence from Arrow / NCO and they are threatening to default which doesn't make sense. In fact, none of it does, I'll explain a little. 

Apparently, and I say apparently because I've checked my credit file both Equifax & Credit Score and there is no record EVER of me ever having any debt with Vanquis. If that was the case I'm sure my credit file would show a default.

Nevertheless, the debt was "sold" to Arrow/NCO in 2019 and I have been making a very small token payment up till very recently (I have stopped this payment a couple of months ago now) and now NCO/Arrow (think they are the same company) have sent me a letter and they have stated that if I do not pay them they will .. In fact I'll attached the annotated letter here.

See attached very recent correspondence who claim they are serving me notice under clause B19 etc

Problem I have is this. I cannot recall taking out debt with Vanquis and what makes matters worse is there is no record on my credit file.

Accord to the above post Mr Dx100uk stated that a DC cannot simply add a default to ones credit file, and goes on to add that this would have had to have been flagged on the credit file closer to the time the debt was sold, which makes perfect sense. 

I am right in saying that I shouldn't really worry about the attached letter whereby NCO/Arrow are basically saying I need to pay or they will lodge a default against my file?

Again, to clarify.. There is no record of an original debt on my credit file, no default from Vanquis, just NCO/Arrow who I believe are a DCA chasing me for unknown debt.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you very much for your time 

Kind Regards

SN.

2022-02-09 Arrow - termination notice.pdf

23 minutes ago, SardoN said:

Nevertheless, the debt was "sold" to Arrow/NCO in 2019 and I have been making a very small token payment up till very recently

why if you never had a vanquis card?:crazy:

what made you start blindly paying them?

did you ever get a notice of assignment?

how did you ever know it was arrows you needed to pay?

you story is very broken.

send them a CCa request

yes NCO are part of the arrows group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I started making token payments because I attended a debt meeting with my local CAB in relation to my outstanding debts and NCO/Arrow were among those debts at the time thus I presumed I did owe them money and it was only when I really started to look into my debts properly (some months ago) and consult the credit agencies directly that I found out that there is no trace of this Vanquis debt.

The other debtors I have confirmed are legit and depicted in my credit report, thus I still pay them token payments.

I stopped paying NCO because there is no original record of any paperwork nor as you say notice of assignment nor is it depicted in my credit file.

I've have double checked and there is zero paper work in my possession nor a notice of assignment from the OC Vanquis account 

So going back to my post, Can NCO flag a default against my credit file ? I surely hope not considering there is no default from Vanquis 

It's all very confusing to be fair and how does one request a CCA

?

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

as that other thread says nope they are not the OC>

why are you blindly paying what appears to be very old debts to powerless DCA's? they are NOT bailiffs!

send every debt you are being a nice little DCA cash cow on a CCA request

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks dx100uk for the replies -  pardon my ignorance but what is a DCA cash cow ? A person that makes a token payment per month 🤑

We are obliged by law to repay these DCA's aren't we? Because if we are not obliged I for one would stop paying in an instant regardless or the abundance of letters that would end up going through the shredder!

Anyway I will write to NCO & Arrow and ask for the CCA and the deed of novation & assignment.

I was told I can ask for these by a friend of mine and if they do not exist then I am under obligation to pay them anything apparently.

I've also received a letter from NCO asking me to pay a small amount (fraction of the debt) to waive the entire amount and that doesn't seem right either. 

Border line scam but it can't be because NCO/Arrow & Vanquis are proper establishments...

39 minutes ago, SardoN said:

thanks dx100uk for the replies -  pardon my ignorance but what is a DCA cash cow ? A person that makes a token payment per month 🤑 YEP!!

We are obliged by law to repay these DCA's aren't we? - NOPE they are not bailiffs and have ZERO legal powers.

Because if we are not obliged I for one would stop paying in an instant regardless or the abundance of letters that would end up going through the shredder! - CCA request time.

Anyway I will write to NCO & Arrow and ask for the CCA and the deed of novation & assignment. - DEED of novation :crazy: stop following Freemen of the Land Twaddle!!

I was told I can ask for these by a friend of mine and if they do not exist then I am under obligation to pay them anything apparently. - Freemen of the Land Twaddle!!

I've also received a letter from NCO asking me to pay a small amount (fraction of the debt) to waive the entire amount and that doesn't seem right either. - discount letter, what does that tell you about what they think of you and their chances of ever proving the debt? - like quick offer him a huge discount before he finds out he's been a MUG for xxx years.

Border line scam but it can't be because NCO/Arrow & Vanquis are proper establishments...

what are 'proper establishments...'....

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

FAO DX100uk 

Hope you are keeping well.

There have been some developments since I last posted and I'm confused as to how to proceed now.

Thought I'd pick your expert brain. However prior to me posting on here I thought I would try and find an answer by doing ones own research before I attempted to post and it appears that this has already been raised with others and answered previously by yourself too.

Here are the links:

Link A:

I requested the original credit agreement as part of my correspondence to NCO as per my last posts which you were aware of and NCO came back only recently and said they were going to obtain these original documents and in the interim they would place my account on hold. See attached "hold.jpg" This was dated late March 2022. Like literally 3 or 4 weeks ago...

Then this morning I received the attached letter (test_redacted.pdf) stating they have registered a default on my account.

I don't understand today's letter and action taken as they placed the account on hold whilst trying to obtain the original CA I think, now this nonsense comes in the post. 

What I don't understand is that the account was sold.. I have evidence of this see attached sold.jpg.. this is from a letter I have managed to retain

Then why wasn't a default added close to the time and what gives these idiots the right to add a default to my credit file now ?

Arrow / NCO are 100% dodgy.. You can't even get hold of these people ...

I need to know, IF they have added a default to my account then what action can I take against NCO/Arrow to have it removed.

I have read the URL's I have pasted in here and I think it's mentioned that only the original creditor can default your credit file and only close to the time the debt is sold , so I'm very confused.

I would really appreciated some guidance if at all possible.

Thanking you in advance

Kind regards

SN    

Snippets.pdf

2022-04 arrows now registered a default..pdf

Not happy you've added freeman of the land deed twaddle to a cca request..

have you checked your credit file then?

and did you send a cca request to all people on debts you are blindly? Still? paying?

and they

What I'd like to know dx100 is if they have registered a default, how or who do I approach to have it removed ?

In addition NCO as I mentioned above stated that my account would be placed on HOLD. So i don't get why they sent me a termination letter with the we've added a default nonsense .. IF anyone was going to add a default surely it would have been Vanquis back in 2019.

its all bluff and bluster

arrows have always been that way. claiming things they cant actually do...but also...

dont confuse a default (D in the calendar section) 

with the issuance of a default notice under section 87 of the CCA 

they are not the same.

only you and the debt owner can see the calendar markers.

and they

Dx when you say D in the calendar section I presume you are referring to the payment calendar section of ones credit report?

If that is the case, there is nothing in my credit report pertaining to eVanquis or Arrow/NCO .. No record whatsoever and if there was anything then there should have been a default registered when eVanquis sold the alleged debt to Arrow in late 2019.

So I'm still a bit confused.

How can they mark a D in the calendar section, if that section doesn't exist and I have a previous default with a different account

I have just checked and all that shows that there were missed payments up until the account was defaulted and then the credit report returned to a normal state in that regard after the default was applied. But there was a period that the report just before the default flagged up red missed payments

Regards

SN

I would suspect this unknown vanquis debt had a default notice issued by vanquis more than 6 years ago and has been removed. Thus it cant ever comeback.

just ensure all the others you are paying have a n enforceable cca,dont be a dca cash cow.

Dx

and they

Dx,

The alleged debt was from 2019 and a default was never added to my credit report in the first instance.

Anyway I just got off the phone to NCO (which I recorded) and they said that the default has been recently registered and that the original debt was sold and that it was down to the discretion of eVanquis to add the default and they guy said they were not obliged to thus they didn't

He then went on to say that because I've cancelled my £1 token monthly payment to them I am in breach of the T&Cs thus they've defaulted my account as they haven't received payment since Oct 2021.

I did stop making payments around this time as I queried the debt as vanquis was never on my credit report.

I then went on to say that I didn't have an agreement with them (arrow/nco) and in addition,

they said in their letter dated March 2022 that they would place the account on hold whilst trying to obtain original documentation yet they still pull this  move on me with the default!

I cannot convey how annoyed I am with these people.

He said he'll log the complaint on file but he cannot uphold it as he's explained the reasons as to why the default has been added/actioned.

I then went onto say that the default should have been placed when the debt was sold in 2019. NCO disagreed said that vanquis wasn't obliged to add the default...

I then called the ICO immediately after and they said they cannot help and can only help correct data..

The ICO representative then said I should speak to the Consumer Action Group :) (which I found quite funny) and I said I've been posting on their site seeking help and assistance with this issue.

Anyway this is the situation. I'm very upset and about to take the dog for a walk in an attempt to chill.

Maybe I need to speak with the financial ombudsman or the FCA ? 

From everything i've heard and researched online and the responses from you personally it just seems that NCO/Arrow cannot just add a default to my credit report with an outstanding balance of 2K or whatever it is from April 2022 when the original "alleged" debt was defaulted back in Oct/Nov 2019..

If that default was added then, in 4 years it would drop off so how can they be adding it now to run for 6 years ? That won't be dropping off until 2028!!!!! I'll be dead by then.

Peace

SN 

Edited by dx100uk
Swearing removed

So wheres the default notice from vanquis?

why dont you stop randomly ringing liars , totally pointless and sar vanquis. 

A debt buyer is quite entitled to add a default which shows in the calendar section, which only you and they can see, but cannot issue a default notice under sec 87, which gets a defaulted date added in the cra  debt summary line, which anyone can see.

the agreement was already terminated upon sale, so their silly TN earlier actually means nothing.

so what does your credit file show, and did you have a vanquis card or is this fraud because you moved ??  By someone at an old address?

Dx

and they

So wheres the default notice from vanquis?

- that's the thing there is no default notice from Vanquis. I got off the phone with equifax yesterday and they said for me to contact the other major credit reference agencies, both Experian and TransUnion to obtain report as he said that sometimes creditors use different agencies.

I do have clear score installed on my phone which is Experian and that doesn't show anything vanquis related either. I've requested the credit reports for the other two agencies.

so what does your credit file show, and did you have a vanquis card or is this fraud because you moved ??  By someone at an old address?

- I cannot recall ever having a vanquis card to be honest and I've been at my address for years and in addition my addresses on my credit report go back 20 years.

-Again I have to wait and see what these other reports come back with

Currently my credit report doesn't reflect anything, although equifax did say that it could take up to 4-6 to reflect a change.

No idea what the hell is going on. I'll have to wait for the statutory reports to come. Experian emailed me said a key is being sent in post. I'll sort out transunion some time today hopefully that's instant access.

Anyway Equifax also stated that I can dispute through the credit reference agencies direct if there is a problem

Thanks again dx for your responses.. I'll let you know the outcome of what I dig up

• 3 weeks later...

Hey DX

Just thought I'd touch base. Well I've managed to obtain credit reports from all the major credit agencies. Equifax, Experian, TransUnion and I even setup a clear score account on my phone but I think that's part of Experian nonetheless. Anyway there is no record of Vanquis so I have no idea what NCO/Arrow are going on about.

I spoke with Equifax and they advised me that if there is no record on my credit reports at any agency then the likelihood of debt ownership is slim. 

Arrow wrote to me again recently stating that they are still awaiting a copy if the "documents" from the legal owners, of which one obtained will be forwarded to me.

Again, don't make sense to me as there is no trace depicted in my credit history with the reference agencies so I'll be interested to see what they come back with.

Regards

SN  

OK I have an update to this headache of a situation.

NCO/Arrow have now sent me what appears to be a copy of the original CCA & Statements from the original lender.

The CCA definitely has my name on it. Although it's not a signature, it's just my name and is date/time stamped.

The statement from vanquis also contain transactions within which do look familiar.

So what are my options here?

I've identified that nothing exists from a multiple credit report standpoint which is the reason I stopped payments in the first place..

There is a possibility the debt could have been mine and the CCA blatantly has my name on it.

Where do I go from here ? Do I resume token payments to this company NCO/Arrow or do I have options for dispute ?

Regards

scan all their return upto one mass PDF please suitable redacted of your details/ref no's.

std stuff in the return i expect if you go look at other vanquis threads here with uploads of paperwork.

you had a card, it was defaulted years ago so was removed from your files, and can never return.

and they

DX you want to me scan the entire batch redact all personal info and upload to my post ? 

When you say I had a card, the thing is if I did have a card then it would still be on my credit report. It looks as though a card was applied for in 2014 according to the CCA.

If it defaulted in 2018 , it would be six years from 2018 right ?  So it's strange why it isn't on my credit report.

Anyway just to confirm, what would you like me to do ?

how do you know a DN was issued in 2018?

the original creditor might have defaulted long before that if payments were not being made. when did you last move?

why dont you scan up everything from day one in/out to one mass PDF? so we have the full story from day one when you 1st replied to arrows/nco.

that way we can work it our rather than your interpretation.

we dont need statements.

have you sent vanquis an SAR?

and they

I have no idea about the DN specifically but from memory I think this was around 2018/2019 kind of time frame when the correspondence from Arrow started to come in.

I'll have to double check.

I can scan and redact it all, it's not a problem. Will take me a bit of time... I have not sent SAR to vanquis. Although, I have recently received 2 days ago received paperwork from NCO which contains the original CCA from vanquis and statements from vanquis from the beginning of time right up to the end when it was transferred to Arrow/NCO.

They deem this as proof I guess that I owe them the outstanding balance...

However, I'm sure in the interim period that NCO/Arrow will be expecting me to resume some kind of payment plan again.

I stopped paying around Oct 2021 to query the account on the sole basis that I could not locate any history or vanquis/arrow/nco with the credit reference agencies. If you can recall they also said that they are going to issue a default on my account which really cheesed me off to be honest so as a result of that I requested statutory credit reports from all credit reference agencies and to confirm there is no record of vanquis or NCO/Arrow depicted in any of the reporting agencies.

So I am now wondering, is it possible that when the debt was sold to arrow that they simply didn't apply a DN on my account, and have left that to arrow to sort out?

I'm really worried now that a default is going to appear out the blue on my credit report within the coming weeks. Look i'll be honest, none of this makes any sense to me.

I will put together the PDF you have requested which will include everything from arrow. I just want to make sure none of my personal details get exposed so I have to be careful.

I'm just looking through all of the correspondence and the majority are statements from NCO. 

What exactly do you want me to collate and put together because the only letters here are a letter offering a notification that the account was "transferred to them" a settlement letter, a letter regarding arrears when I stopped paying in oct 2021 , then the notice that was issued which I think I already uploaded and the letter where they said the have added a default to my credit file which I most certainly uploaded as you advised me that they cannot default the account but rather add a D to the calendar section.

If you want, I can put these together 

get an sar running to vanquis...get the truth not doctored DCA cut and paste poss fake stuff.

put everything to date up bar the statements please. including what you sent them.

in one mass PDF

and they

Yeah OK no worries but I did send NCO some letters which you deemed as freeman twaddle or whatever you said previously.

I'll include everything NCO related and start putting things together.

Please find the attached PDF with everything received & sent to NCO.

Bundle_Final.pdf

Hey Sardon, dx will return to pick those papers apart

But it's rare I get here first :) that bundle you've uploaded appears to be missing the Default Notice (should come from OC at some point before they sell) - so that's good for you

Is that T&C's document signed by you? doesn't look original to me..

But let's wait for the experienced peeps to arrive, it is the weekend so responses could be delayed

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service