Time delay after LBA

FoxyFiona
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks again CF, your a star - dont know what we'd do without you :-)

Off to read it now, feeling more positive today. Got an email back from the BBC asking for phone number which seems a bit daunting but surely cant hurt.

Blimey 642 posts now - youve been busy :-)

8) FoxyFiona

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

The guy at the BBC has just rang me, he was nice, just did about 5 mins on telephone, asked when I got the letter, if I thought they was trying to intimidate people, a few details about my case and if I am still going ahead. Prob more scarey tho wants me to email a head and shoulders photo, did warn him that may be more frightening than the bank charges :-)

8) FoxyFiona

well I will reserve my 500th post for you to make it even more special lol

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Oh my lord have just done a radio interview with a girl from radio 5 live. What a day!!

FF, this is fantastic................BBC man yesterday, 5Live today...when's it all going to be on air??

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

CF,

BBC NEWS | Business | Banks 'exploit charges judgement'

This is the news article from the BBC but a friend rang me this morning to say she had just heard me on BBC Radio Cleveland (News section)...

She said I sounded great, but she might be just being nice.

All getting a bit hectic!!

8) FoxyFiona

FF,

I've just left you a post on the sticky thread....................I didn't think much of your head and shoulders shot, I'm afraid;) :)

Really exciting stuff for you. I bet you were great!!

I think they should be using mj's and kia's stuff as well, to show the other side of the coin.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Blimey he added that quick, just sent him it this morning. Was taken at 12 o clock last night after I came back from an indian meal out with friends for my birthday (monday).

Must agree its a bit gruesome, the camera does lie honest. Maybe I could send the pic to the Abbey and they would cave in instantly :D

8) FoxyFiona

FF,

I'm really sorry...................they've just changed the picture to one of you......................the previous one was of a bloke, which is what I was talking about:confused: :o

PS

Happy Birthday

You were great....that was a long article on primetime BBC news!

Well Thanks guys, an hour and 10 mins of filming and interview for about 30 seconds exposure! Thats showbiz I suppose. Thanks for watching tho.

ps, face not that fat in real life :-)

Been on BBC Radio Cleveland this morning, at about 8.30 did a LIVE 5 min interview which went ok, got 2 CAG mentioned in anyway.

If anyone wants to listen you will be able to by going on the BBC website and searching radio cleveland and select listen again (the breakfast show) Fx

8) FoxyFiona

Hi there,

The radio interview is available on listen again, quite pleased with it, CAG gets a decent mention. you have to fast forward to 1 hr 17mins, lasts for about 8 mins.

Fx

8) FoxyFiona

Hi guys,

Getting myself in a tiss over the court bundle again, I have printed off the 40 page zip file, in my statements what do I include??

Whitness Statement?

Draft order for directions?

Case Summary?

I have got examples from another thread, but not sure if I use all or just some??

Sorry for being dim once again, but cant someone calm me down and point me in the right direction. Want to send it all off tomorrow (be glad to see the back of it) Fx

8) FoxyFiona

Hi Fi,

My court directions didn't stipulate anything extra than the basic cb, but I bunged in a witness statement, and a statement of evidence to Abbey just out of spite:)

Thanks Charley,

~So worried about getting it wrong that I burnt myself out thinking about it. Sometimes too much info can just confuse me.

Anyway going to finally finish it today and send it off seen as heard nothing else from the Abbey. Still got a day left on the dead line on my response letter to the lloydsvberwick. Sent the same letter as conncat so hoping for their attention.

Fx

8) FoxyFiona

Hi Guys,

Got my reply back from Inga, after sending the first letter of Garys. Dont think she likes me, she apologised to Conncat and I get this.......

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear.......

Thank you for your letter of the 23 May 2007 (received by us on 30 May 2007. Your views on the significance of th Berwick v Lloyds case are noted. It is not, however, correct, to say that Abbey has an strategy to intimidate claimants or dissuade them from pursuing legitimate complaints and Abbey does not agree that drawing your attention to the existance of the Judgement can reasonably be interpreted in that way or in any other way unfair or inappropriate.

It is disappointing that you do not wish to pursue settlement discussions at this stage. Abbey would like to resolve this case rather that have to continue to expend legal costs or management time in defending its position. If you wish to reconsider your position and have a discussion with me on that pragmatic basis then I would be very happy to speak with you.

Yours sincerely

Inga Kirkman

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas which why to go now?

8) FoxyFiona

LOL Fi, she must have seen you on the news.

I think that i would draft a reply saying that indeed, on the contary you have tried to reach settlement since the date of your first letter to Abbey on XX/XX/XX and would be amenable to reaching settlement prior to court as you are aware of your obligation to mitigate costs.

In that light you would be prepared to accept XX (the full amount plus interest plus court fees).

You look forward to hearing from them shortly.

Kind regards

etc etc

or something along those lines - personally, if i was any good at letter writing i might be tempted to allude to her apology to conncat, but that might be taking it too far lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Lulu - youre are so funny, thanks for making me laugh that letter put me in a right olde sulk.

Posted it also on the other thread "is your bank quoting the bewick....."

And the infamous Gary has offered to construct one of his famous letters.

ps is it inga beneath the trapdoor??

8) FoxyFiona