Randox failed to return results

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was looking for help on how to get compensation for losses incurred from a cancelled short break when Randox failed to send me any test results to fly to Italy. Consumer act says I am entittiled to reclaim losses as a result but Randoz wont play ball. Flights and hotel etc booked separate and excess is not worth the claim.The head office is in Ireland so cant use small claim courts here or in Ireland.Help?

You say they won't play ball – can you give more details.

Maybe you could go through it a little bit more carefully for us.

Where did you send the test samples to?

for Randox you had to download the app and when you received your tests in the post you would upload them.There was a problem with the app at the weekend before I was due to fly but it was back up and running and I was able to upload both results for myself and my daughter and had a message to say results would be three hours but never came back.

It was almost impossible to get any response and took weeks but eventually after a lot of chasing they admitted they were wrong and refunded the cost of the tests but would not admit liability.I sent a letter asking for they to redress fotr my financial losses incurred as a result of their failures as is covered under consumer law and advised of legal action if they failed to action.They replied that they were not liable and the matter was closed  also they would not enter any further correspondence.

for Randox you had to download the app and when you received your tests in the post you would upload them.

There was a problem with the app at the weekend before I was due to fly but it was back up and running and I was able to upload both results for myself and my daughter and had a message to say results would be three hours but never came back.

It was almost impossible to get any response and took weeks but eventually after a lot of chasing they admitted they were wrong and refunded the cost of the tests but would not admit liability.

I sent a letter asking for they to redress fotr my financial losses incurred as a result of their failures as is covered under consumer law and advised of legal action if they failed to action.

They replied that they were not liable and the matter was closed  also they would not enter any further correspondence.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

So you had to upload the results of the tests – not post them off. Is this correct?

Do they have an address in England/Wales?

What are the extent of your losses?

Well you will have to begin an action against them in Ireland. In terms of the technicalities of bringing a cross-border action, I'm putting a call out to my site team colleague @Andyorch who is much better on these things and I am.

Whether or not you can recover the money for your lost holiday et cetera will depend on whether you are able to argue that these were foreseeable losses and a direct consequence of their breach of contract.
Presumably you selected a "test to fly" option and so it seems to me to be beyond doubt that these losses were foreseeable.
I can imagine that Randox rather feels that they are going to be protected from litigants in England and Wales because of the added complication of bringing this action – but they are a large company and certainly if you get your judgement as I'm sure you will, then there will be no difficulty in forcing the judgement.

WWW.NIDIRECT.GOV.UK

The small claims process allows certain types of claims to be decided informally by the County Court, usually without the need of a solicitor or...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread