EON Claimform -The claim is for the cost of Dual Fuel supplied to the defendant at the supply address.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope somebody can give me some advice

I will keep the story as short as possible.

I was previously with Npower who then got took over by EON.

I will not lie I owe them a substantial amount of money through no fault but my own (I had some issues at the time but still I owe the debt), it got to the stage where they were threatening to put pre-payment meters in.

I sent them the following complaint email.

I was visited by a member of your team at my door who I explained my situation to and that I was moving house soon. I then spoke to customer services and explained that I will be moving house on around the 25th October and gave my new address so I can sort the outstanding balance. We spoke about options on paying and he said he would make a note on the system. He also explained it takes a while for a warrant to be issued and not to worry.

I rang up again when I had the confirmed move out date, but was told I have to wait until the 25th before I can cancel the account. The 25th arrives, I check website which tells me to email in details of my move with final meter readings. I did that and heard nothing.

On the 26/10/2021 I arrived at the old house (to collect last of my stuff) to find that the Elec meter has been turned into a prepayment meter despite me moving out. Called eon next and the field agents who then say it takes a while for the emails to be read and action is still pending for the gas.

This is terrible service as I now have to explain to my landlord why the meter was installed which is highly embarrassing on a personal note explaining my financial issues to a landlord.

I will be looking to take this further with the ombudsman as I had issues with Npower before EON took over

I WAS THEN SENT THIS AS A REPLY

Dear 

Many thanks for getting in touch :)

I have not received your final meter readings, however I need to know what you would like to do about this debt, would you like to set up A direct debit for your repayments?

If you feel you need to contact us further for further support, feel free to email us anytime.

All the best & looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

MY REPLY

Hi 

I need to know that my account has been closed now as still heard nothing since sending in my final meter readings.

Also confirmation that my landlord won’t have any issues moving forward and that gas won’t be switched to prepayment.

I am still seeing where I stand in regards to the meters being changed when I had notified of moving out.

I also know I owe money and will be sorting 

THEIR FINAL REPLY

Dear 

Many thanks for getting in touch :)

I will do my best to try and help you with your situation.
At this time, what can we do to help?

If you feel you need to contact us further for further support, feel free to email us anytime.

All the best & looking forward to hearing from you.

That was the end of the communication.

When I emailed regarding meter readings and moving I told them my forwarding address.

They have continued to send the post to my old address and I would not have found out about this until my landlord said there was post for me. 

I now have a CCJ claim for a substantial amount, on the claim it states as though the supply period is currently live which I am confused with as I moved out 4 month ago. I am not disputing I owe money but not happy with how this has been handled as I asked to setup a plan.

How should I respond

Cheers

Take a read of the following link and provide all the information requested...copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to EON Claimform -

Have you given them the final meter readings they say they are still waiting for?

I wouldn't be concerned about the meter being changed over, the new tenants can easily get it switched back, they just have to ring their energy supplier. There's absolutely no need to tell your previous LL anything, none of their business.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Which Court have you received the claim from ? northants bulk

Claimant: EON

Issue date was 27/01/2022

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

1.The claim is for the cost of Dual Fuel supplied to the defendant at the supply address.

2.The supply period is currently live and is from Gas 01/03/2021 Electricity 01/03/2021.

3.And the Claimant claims £6090 Account No.

£53 interest thereon in accordance with Section 69a of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8.00% p.a calculated from the date upon which payment became due to the date hereof as set out below.

Further interest at the rate of 1.33GBP per day (8.00% p.a) to judgement or payment.

Date, invoice No, Due Date, Amount, Interest ,, 10/12/21, 6090, 53 

What is the total value of the claim? 6090

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No as they sent this to my old address which I had already forwarded on to EON when I moved. Have this sent as email as per their website

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Yes, sent via email as instructed by EON.

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No - 

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Phone

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Not sure

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim? The Claimant has issued the claim

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not sure on this

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? I was receiving letters from EON saying I was behind and I owed money

Why did you cease payments? Financial issues and personal issues

What was the date of your last payment? Not sure, a few year back

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

EON-CST Claimform.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Boo said:

Have you given them the final meter readings they say they are still waiting for?

I wouldn't be concerned about the meter being changed over, the new tenants can easily get it switched back, they just have to ring their energy supplier. There's absolutely no need to tell your previous LL anything, none of their business.

Yeh this was all emailed the night before I moved as they explained I should do on the phone, I obviously have proof and their website tells to inform them via email.

The meter has already been changed. I am not disputing I owe them money but they have issued all the paperwork to my old address and it looks as though they have not ended my account etc

I know the meter has been changed I'm saying that there is no need. legal or otherwise, to inform the LL, any new tenants can simply have it changed back over.

Are they (EON) aware of your new address?

If it was via email have you got evidence they have received it and updated their system?

It would be advisable to send them a letter with your new address details on too.

Get ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, this will then rule out any misunderstanding on their behalf.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Name of Claimant ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Have you done your acknowledgment of service and requested information as per my last link ?

urm...+£6k dual fuel use since march 2021?? i bet not!!

so you've owed money to EON prior to this date on unpaid bills from previous years too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeh it started with Npower then they were took over. A lot of it is my own fault but some of this claim does not feel right. It says as if the gas and electric is still live at the property but I told them I moved out via email and phone

well they cant go back more than 12mts if they have not been sending regular bills, they cant just take over from a supplier with a debt, and then keep billing you on the same account IMHO, the old debt should have been another A/C from the change to them.

there a lot of investigation to do here, as you point out. it smells regardless to you might owe it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to EON Claimform -The claim is for the cost of Dual Fuel supplied to the defendant at the supply address.