Jump to content

Am I at risk of homelessness?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all


i will make it short, I have a 2 bedroom house with housing association, I am the main tenant and my partner and daughter are on there as just living here? 

anyway we are talking about breaking up and she wants to move out of the area, if this dose go ahead what will happen to me and the house? I have just signed a 5 year contract 



Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the housing association and supply of housing in your area. If your home is under occupied for a period, they could look at moving you to a 1 bed place or if they don't have 1 bed places, they could look to end your tenancy or they could just leave you living there, as long as you keep up to date with your rent.  Have a read of your tenancy agreement to see what it says about under occupancy following change of circumstances.


If you have housing benefits through council or Universal Credit, you would see a reduction in your benefit due to spare bedroom.


You could take in a lodger to occupy the spare bedroom, if your housing association allows this.



We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites



I have to agree with the above as it all depends of your Tenancy Agreement that you signed which you have to have a good read of to understand under occupancy and what they could do as each Housing Association deal with this situation differently so it is difficult for us to answer how they would approach this.


What I would suggest is not just asking us here but do speak directly to your Housing Association and just explain the circumstances at present  and they should give you advice. It is best to ask them just in case this does happen so you are aware where you stand with the Housing Association.


Importantly this will also be a 'Change in Circumstances' which if this does happen you would need to notify the Housing Association of and if you claim benefits DWP/Housing Benefit/Council Tax etc.


As I have mentioned please make sure and have a wee chat with your Housing Association, don't leave it to the last minute as you are only asking for advice on what may or may not happen at present


How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...