Wrong registration cases

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

During the festivities I spent half a day in the small Italian town of Asolo.  This is not Rome or Milan, I doubt the local authority has much dosh and I doubt it's at the forefront of technology either.  When driving into town the layout of the roads and signs encourage visitors to park in an underground car park a couple of minutes' walk from the historical centre, which I did.

After my visit I went to pay the very reasonable cost (first hour free, second hour €1, any further hours €0.50) and saw that I had to type in my car reg which had presumably been captured by ANPR on the way in.  I paid, got my exit ticket and left within the 10 minutes I was allowed.

Now.  The people before me in the queue to pay had faffed around for ever and hadn't been able to get the machine to work.  They apologised to me to which I replied that I was on holiday and not in any rush.  Eventually one of them said they hadn't had the car for long and were probably getting the reg wrong, and they wandered off to their car.

So the point is that is impossible to enter the wrong reg as the machine simply won't accept it.  Everyone wins & parking is managed sanely.  Visitors don't clog up the town centre, the local authority gets a few bob and visitors get safe, cheap parking.  No-one gets stung for any "penalties".

Anyway, it's not news to regulars on the forum, but it just struck me that there is no reason whatsoever for there to be ever a "wrong reg" case in any private car park as the technology easily exists to stop such cases happening.  The PPCs have no interest whatsoever in properly managing car parks and every interest in making up stupid rules that motorists then break, and all to the detriment of their clients.

• Like 3

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread