Barclaycard Surrender On Microfiche!

Bicester1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent them nasty letter reminding them of ICO ruling and threat from Judge to imprison RBS Data Controller for non compliance. Followed up with a phone call to Mr Nuttall in Manchester

All statements are in the post! THEY HAVE GIVEN IN!!!!

Happy Christmas Barclaycard.

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Damages?!?? Sounds intriguing.....like what? How? In the same claim?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Well Done !! A true victory for all B/C microfiche sufferers.

I wonder what effect this will have on outstanding claims based on estimated charges. In my case they confirmed the 2000-2004 charges in a letter, but would'nt supply statements. Claim now at 'Hearing' stage (5.3.07).

J.:D

More thoughts ..... Is there an implied admission by Barclaycard that as they have supplied statements in Bicesters case (under threat) that in all other cases, where statements have been refused, they have breached the DPA. Perhaps we should collate these cases, as each one could constitute a seperate DPA non compliance offence. Have they set (themselves) a precedent ? J.:?

They are still in breach of Data Protection Act because they failed to comply within the 40 days!

Dont forget to add a claim for any and all quantifiable damages you have suffered by their non-compliance.

Damages?!?? Sounds intriguing.....like what? How? In the same claim?

I don't know whether it would be workable, but I'm just throwing this in the pot for thoughts:

If they try to say that some charges are gone beyond the 6 yrs limit between the time you sent your SAR and the time they comply, thereby delaying your court claim by weeks or months, and you do not want to go down the s32 b of SOLA 1980 route, maybe you would be able to quantify those charges as a quantifiable damage suffered by non-compliance?

Thoughts?

Hi guys!

Well I like the idea of damages! Exemplary and aggravated maybe, because of their deliberate obstructionism, when they were clearly aware of the earlier ruling in the Abbey case. There is another thread somewhere when someone has claimed aggravated and exemplary damages. I understand from yet another post that Judges dont like deliberately obstructionate behavior - any legal opinion out there?

Finally I agree that all those of us who have been obstructed by the microfiche argument should complain to the Information Commissioners Office and maybe the FSA!

Another letter to the nice Mr Nuttall today:

Mr. Carl Nuttall

Customer Relationship Manager

Barclaycard

PO BOX 599

M603NF

Your ref:

Our ref: BC4

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir,

BARCLAYCARD ACCOUNT NUMBER xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to our telephone conversation of Tuesday 12th December. I have still not received the letter which you informed me was “in the post” in reply to mine of the 2nd of December.

I am glad to hear that in the light of the ruling from the Information Commissioners Office that your microfiche system is a “relevant filing system” that you will now be forwarding to me all the outstanding statements as originally requested under my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

I note with concern however your statement that this might “take some time” as they are stored elsewhere.

This is not acceptable. You were well aware of the Information Commissioners Office ruling about the Abbey microfiche system and I consider that your organisation has been deliberately obstructionate in this matter. I am not prepared to tolerate any further delaying tactics. I look forward to receiving the outstanding statements within the next 14 days, which I consider reasonable given the resources at the disposal of your company and that the 40 day period since my original SAR has expired.

If I fail to receive them by then I shall commence legal action against you and it that context would draw your attention to the recent threat made by District Judge Forrester to imprison the Data Controller for the RBS because of non compliance with an SAR..

Yours faithfully,

Ho hum lets see what that does to them!! Anyone else been told that yes they will get their statements but it "might take some time?"

Happy Christmas Barclaycard.

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

This is certainly good news about the microfiche excuse no longer being relevant. I wonder whether they will now supply this data to all those who previously requested it seeing as they have had the money for the SAR. I have sent my "Letter before Action" today before I read this latest post, I wish I had included a paragraph about the missing data. Still, no harm in sending Mr Nuttall a further letter within the remaining 14 days!

Hi Odie,

Who did you speak to? Can we have a number?

Happy Christmas Barclaycard

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Lloyds PPI LBA

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I got a letter from Barclaycard yesterday stating that although they don't agree with the ICO ruling, they, as a gesture of goodwill, will now send me the relevant statements. Also in the post was one statment from June 2004, which they have already sent me! Incompetent idiots!! I will also be sending a letter informing them that they have exceeded the 40 days.

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

I got a letter from Barclaycard yesterday stating that although they don't agree with the Information Commissioners Office ruling, they, as a gesture of goodwill, will now send me the relevant statements. Also in the post was one statment from June 2004, which they have already sent me! Incompetent idiots!! I will also be sending a letter informing them that they have exceeded the 40 days.

Strange, I got similar single statement for June 2004, when I actually demanded Jan 2000 to present day..... hmmmm, maybe the saga's not over yet

Hi Odie,

Who did you speak to? Can we have a number?

Happy Christmas Barclaycard

Bicester1

It was just the standard Barclaycard number. Not sure who my boyfriend sopke to - normal operator I think

Hi Bicester,

I to have had the same attempt to stall a bit longer letter from Bcard, I have also sent a similar letter to you but I think it was a bit harsher that yours, not saying yours wont have the same effedt, but I was a bit angrier I think when I wrote mine. Feel free to take a look.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/50532-tanzarelli-barclaycard.html

Tanz