Invalid EPC given to Tenants, can I claim misrepresentation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well not criminal so not a magistrates..

i've moved to to the correct forum rather than the one about issues with this web forum.

the property experts should now see this thread and help if they are around, but bear-in-mind its the W/End now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I have to agree with the above.

What exactly is wrong with the EPC?

Have you checked the Governments website to see if the Property has a Valid EPC:

WWW.GOV.UK

Find a property's energy certificate including an energy performance certificate (EPC), display energy certificate (DEC) or air conditioning...

Have you raised this issue with the Landlord?

When did your Tenancy initially start and were you given a copy of the EPC at start of Tenancy?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

BRIEFLY

The EPC given at the start of the Tenancy was E. Subsequent EPC demonstrated F. Property Description differs greatly  between two EPC’s.

The Property should never be E, it should never be rented and Tenancy would not be accepted, or even legally possible if true EPC was provided. Tenancy commenced in May 2020. 

The above is already confirmed  by LGO and Landlord lost eviction claim, so proved in court too. Therefore, this fact is proven beyond any doubts. 

My question is :

Do I have grounds to file misrepresentation claim, with damages, as if true EPC  was given, Tenancy would not proceed. Landlord gained Tenancy over false EPC, regardless such being innocent, negligent or deliberate act. 

If any of members have legal understanding, please advise if this claim could proceed in county court. There are no case law on this. 

Thank you

1. Yes

2. No

Do you think such claim has no prospect of success? 

I do not want to waste my time and money if such claim is not prosperous. That is why I need opinions. Thanks for your input.