CPM Parking Charge Note - Phoenix Avenue, Greenwich Peninsula (Patrol) - No Permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day All!

I would like to get some advise how to appeal this PCN. I found through search earlier post about same PCN in the same place but that situation was a bit different as the posted had already sent an appeal before asking advice here and I don't seem to be able to find the initial post, only follow ups.

It is a Parking Charge Notice but I received it by post 4/02/2022
It looks like photos were taken from ground level.

Last week I paid similar one for a nother vehicle which was parked in the same spot but photos were from another side of the road also from the back and from ground level.

We received previous PCN after this incident unfortunately.

I attached a pdf file containing copy of the PCN and photo of the sign but to me it is not clear from the that sign that any permit is required, what type of permit etc., but I am not an expert.

It definitely not as straightforward as those found on supermarket car parks etc. and does any specify any grace period at all.

The vehicle probably spent 15-20 minutes there, maybe 25, while waiting for someone.

1 Date of the infringement

27/01/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

31/01/2022

3 Date received

4/02/2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes, two photos embedded in the letter, both from the back, appear to be taken from the same spot

Date stamps: 2022-01-27 13:07:06 and 2022-01-27 13:08:06
The letter itself mention time of contravention as 27 January 2022 13:14

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N

7 Who is the parking company?

CPM UK Car Park Management

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Phoenix Avenue, Greenwich Peninsula

GOO.GL

London

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

No other correspondence

Any advise would be much appreciated.

CPM PCN - Phoenix Avenuw .pdf

At best there's no point in appealing to CPM or the other PPCs as they never, ever accept appeals.  At worst you throw away your POFA 2012 protection to boot.

You're absolutely right about the sign.  It mentions nothing about permits.  Did you take the photo of it or did the fleecers include it?

Then the photos show you parked for one minute, well within the 10-minute grace period.  Plus just a daft picture of your car, nothing of the windscreen not displaying the permit.  The fleecers' case is rubbish.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Are you suggesting I shouldn't write to them at all? I was hoping someone may be able to suggest a suitable template for response / appeal if the signage is inadequate, especially if you are saying their case is rubbish?

Has anyone managed to successfully ignore CPM letters in this location?

Thanks again

I can find only one other case on the site for this location.  The last post was two years ago, at that point the OP was refusing to pay and CPM were not doing court

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks again, I don't seem to be able to find the appeal wording he sent initially nor the second message he sent (if sent at all).

So if I understand correctly the other post correctly, I should simply ignore this letter / claim and not even make any appeal attempts, and also ignore any subsequent reminders?

Any chances they can send debt collectors?

Edited by acideraser

1 hour ago, acideraser said:

Any chances they can send debt collectors?

so what if they do?

just remember a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type!!

yes ignore everything until/IF you ever get a Letter Of Claim, with a reply pack requiring your in/out Financial Details (which you dont ever fill-in to anyone!).

if you do get a letter of claim, pop back here and we will advise what to reply with.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have 6yrs from the date of the speculative invoice. Dont move without informing them.

i pers would not be worrying about a stupid letter of claim. They have no more legal powers than you or i ..if we think someone owes us money..launch a court claim after abiding by the pre action protocol.

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...