Constantly pestered by Cabot over old likely loans debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I had a loan with Likely Loans which unfortunately defaulted and was sold on (with an official assignment) to Cabot Financial last year.

Since September last year I started to receive phone calls, then text messages and now emails, sometimes 3 times a month DEMANDING that I enter a Payment Plan with them. 

I had an agreed Payment Plan with Likely Loans and told Cabot over and over that I wanted that arrangement to continue.  It seems they couldn't care less about that and want me to start from scratch. 

Now I have been a member of this Forum long enough to know that the least info that these people have on you the better!  I was paying Likely Loans £60 per month and I have kept to this with Cabot who have acknowledged the payments.

Now am I correct in thinking that the "Plan" would be to their benefit not mine and would enable them to apply more pressure should they choose to do so?  The date I pay them varies slightly because I receive my income 4 weekly rather than monthly and I presume they would want a Direct Debit which would not work for me.

Advice please would be most welcome.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• dx100uk changed the title to Constantly pestered by Cabot over old likely loans debt

send them a CCA request..should have been your 1st move when sold to them

rather than pointless letter/email (which you should never use) tennis ... which you should ever enter into anyway

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

£60 a month and they're still harassing you!!

Halve it to £30 a month, and if they continue halve it again, all the way down to a £1 a month, clowns.

Not really sure why you would pay them anything really, have you reclaimed all of the fees and penalty charges?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!