EDF - Warrant of Execution Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they are required by law to read a meter every 24 mts or better.

unless they have been refused entry

or their letters have been ignored

to be met at the premises to allow such

that's the only way they can justify meter removal

or if they think its been used for illegal purposes

if its their fault its not been read

you have them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if your utility meters are in a part of the building that you don't normally have access to, I believe that you are entitled, by law, to inspect, and read them yourself.

It may require you to arrange the visit with the owner of the building, but I believe that it is your right, and I'm also quite certain that you cannot be charged for the visit.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Edf set up a payment plan at £x/month.  This was to cover old usage, not current usage. There is no current usage as property been unoccupied/ power turned off during all pandemic.

Monthly payment is small but it has been paid without fail every month. Manually on the allocated day, not by direct debit

Edf stopped the payment plan once for no reason.  After a complaint it was reestablished and payments have been made ever since every month as normal.  Yet Edf cancelled the plan again at Christmas without any reason.

Edf sent a letter advising they had stopped the payment plan  and that within 8 days someone would turn up at the property to discuss the debt and install a new meter.   I was shocked at the speed with being aggressive and suggested direct confrontation. 

I called as soon as I got their letter.

When Edf had set up the 1st plan they had sent sheets advising what day the payment had to be made over the next few years until the amount would be cleared.  When they incorrectly cancelled this plan the new plan they set up was bizarrely only for 6 months. I didn't know this. The 6 months ended at xmas.   

On the call Edf then said if a customer has had 2 cancelled payment plans they aren't able to set up a 3rd payment plan.   They wouldn't listen that it was them who had cancelled the plan.  I had been paying correctly.

I reiterated that a) I needed the payment plan b) it wasn't possible to install a new meter/ pay-as-u-go meter.

But the person I was talking to had no authority to set up a plan so we ended the call.

A couple weeks later someone from the Edf debt team called.  I had a long conversation - reiterated what I'd said in the 1st call.  They said I could do direct debit but the amount would be divided by 12 (for 1y) - and that would be unsustainable for me.   They were trying to pass my account to debt collection company.  I had to cut call short.  In the space of a few days I had 12 missed calls from Edf. Followed by an email.    I will reply to the email.

I just want my payment plan at the original agreed level reinstated.  Any ideas on how I "demand" this ?

Edited by HP Mum

You can't "demand" it.

You can, however, point out (since you are no longer at the property and they won't be able to collect the debt from there, (even if a pre-payment meter is installed), that:

a) their only way to obtain repayment other than the agreed plan is to take county court action, (setting DCA's on you won't add anything for them)

b) if they do so, you'll propose a Tomlin order for the previously agreed sum, so they'll be no better off for doing so,

c) if they still proceed with trying to obtain a CCJ you'll bring all of this to the attention of the court, including them cancelling an agreed payment plan ..... risking them not being able to obtain the CCJ nor enforce

d) if they do bring court action, you'll highlight the fact that the property is unoccupied to them, and ask the court to disallow any claim for the costs of installing a pre-payment meter that they might try to have added on, and then........

e) even if they then DID obtain a CCJ they'll be no better off, as you've been making the payments you can realistically manage, and that is all a court is likely to insist on.

Then leave it over to them...... if common sense prevails, all well and good. If it doesn't, it is their look out.

• 4 weeks later...

After 30 missed calls,  4 WhatsApp  texts, and 6 emails from this junior I checked out Edf complaints process. Turns out it's possible to send an email to the CEO.

An apology and payment plan reinstated very quickly!