Compliance Call about possible unintentional UC fraud? didn't declare my savings?

sephypri
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I was stupid enough not to disclose savings and was called up on it in a compliance interview - since then my mind and body are a complete wreck and I'm really worried about the future for me and my family 😭.

How do I find a decent solicitor? searching through lawsociety and looking at the google reviews seem a little pot luck to me at the moment. Please help! :(

you most probably dont need one.

when did you make your claim?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will owe an overpayment debt to DWP.

Agree you don't need a Solicitors. You just need to confirm your savings information and DWP will work out what you need to pay back. 

They will ask you why you failed to disclose and you will need to think about your answer. Why did you think the savings were not relevant to the benefit claim ?

Depending on how you came into the money, there can be reasons that they would disregard it. E.g. if it relating to a compensation award. But you would need to evidence this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I made the claim roughly 2 years ago. I was coming out from a bad patch in my life and I don't know what I was thinking. I would like to redeem myself but i don't know how i could cope if convicted.

Compliance isn't as scary as it sounds and this is probably a normal benefits check. But as UB says, you need to declare this. Is it a large amount of money?

I doubt that you're anywhere near being convicted, especially if you're co-operative when you speak to them. Honesty is the best way.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Admit to an error due to your head being in a bad place at the time.

In most cases, they will treat it as an overpayment debt and may add an administrative penalty,

Very unlikely you would face prosecution based purely on this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I had the compliance interview last week and I denied having any savings at the time of application (I'm such an idiot). I was told to expect a letter in the post. How can I redeem myself ?

I was thinking of using the change of circumstances change within the system to halt payments and declare savings in the meanwhile.

Using high estimates i would owe about 20k so the real value is under this a bit.

Edited by sephypri

On your claim under report change of circumstances,  you can report savings and investments.

Suggest that you do that and send a journal message explaining.

DWP staff and also Council staff are trained to help people going through these difficultiess.  If you are open about the struggles you are going through, then they will look to help you.

Unfortunately, once you have been out of work for awhile, it can be more difficult to get back into employment.  But gaps in employment are very common at the moment.  A significant number of people across the UK, lost jobs end of 2019/early 2020,  then Covid hit making it very challenging. The good news is that people are now getting into employment. 

Best route back is to find temporary work through recruitment agency and then once you have worked for a few months, to then apply for more permanent work.  The temporary work is showing that you are back working and any employer offering permanent work may be a little more confident that you would be a reliable employee.

• dx100uk changed the title to Compliance Call about possible unintentional UC fraud? didn't declare my savings?