Benefits

Ranald0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

myself and my partner have two young children together, we currently receive universal credit, child benefit, I get esa and pip and my partner gets carers allowance because of me, over the past years my partner has had seizures/fits, she recently had a major seizure and went into hospital and they have now said epilepsy, she has had so many changes put into place with her life style for example driving license taken away, down to not being allowed to take children upstairs or be with them on her own, they mentioned she was entitled to a bus pass, but is there anything else she can claim such as pip or esa? If I could get as much advice as possible and possibly help with sorting out forms etc? 

thank you all 

great team here! 

Hi all

myself and my partner have two young children together,

we currently receive universal credit, child benefit,

I get esa and pip and my partner gets carers allowance because of me,

over the past years my partner has had seizures/fits, she recently had a major seizure and went into hospital and they have now said epilepsy,

she has had so many changes put into place with her life style for example driving license taken away, down to not being allowed to take children upstairs or be with them on her own,

they mentioned she was entitled to a bus pass,

but is there anything else she can claim such as pip or esa?

If I could get as much advice as possible and possibly help with sorting out forms etc? 

Sorry I forgot to mention she is now on lifetime medication if this changes anything?

thank you all 

great team here! 

Edited by dx100uk
Restructured in order to make it readable

Hello, welcome to CAG. I'm going to move your thread to our main Benefits forum and leave you a link to follow.

Have you tried one of the benefits checkers online? turn2us is a good one.

BENEFITS-CALCULATOR-2.TURN2US.ORG.UK

Use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator to find out which welfare benefits you may be entitled to.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Suggest contacting Citizens Advice to ask for benefits review and help to claim.

She could try to claim PIP using the online application process.

Her health condition would not necessarily mean she could no longer be a carer and therefore lose any Carers Allowance.

I am presuming you are in support group of ESA and are noted as LCWRA under your UC claim.

Your partner could register health condition under the UC claim, but there may be no point in doing so, as UC would not be able to pay any more money if she was assessed as LCWRA.  LCWRA amount is only payable once under a couple claim.  At the moment, if your partner is noted as Carer she would be noted as not having any work related requirements, so is not being asked to find a job.

PIP appears to be the only possible option, but you have provided limited information. Benefit eligibility is quite complicated, so you are best to contact a benefits advice organisation, where you can run through your Information in a confidential way.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread