Parking Eye- Aldi pcn - ring aldi on 0800 042 0800 and they'll cancel it!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I couldn't find this on the site, so please feel free to delete it if it has already been covered. Google wasn't much help at the time.

So if you ever find yourself with a Parking Eye charge from an Aldi carpark, don't waste your time appealing. Ring Aldi directly and they'll cancel it on the spot.

Even though their website suggest appealing the PCN with parkingEye, simply call Aldi's Car Park Management Department on 0800 042 0800.  They "love to cancel the charge" and didn't want much by way of evidence, simply the name of the store, the time and he registration of the car..

Hope this helps someone

C

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye- Aldi pcn - ring aldi on 0800 042 0800 and they'll cancel it!!

Interesting.  Can you please post up the PCN (redacted of course) that you go cancelled in this way?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry Dave, I cannot find the original PCN, but here it is cancelled.

This was an over stay, double dip as 2 trips made to same store but 90 minutes apart. The cameras only recorded first entry and last exit. Also the terminals in store didn't recognise the license plate, but the PCN that came through clearly showed it front and rear.

I appealed this online with Parking Eye as soon as it was received - full on appeal, provided a statement, bank records, copies of the ALDI receipts from the 2 trips made within 2 hours and submitted it all electronically. Part of my defence was the terminals hadn't recognised the plate and their equipment was defective.  Straight after pressing submit, I telephoned ALDI customer services to ask about whether their terminals were working on the day  (as it hadn't recognised the licence plate) and he simply said, "it's no bother, I'll just cancel that if you can give me a moment"... and he did. I logged back in to Parking Eye and it was cancelled. 

No messing about- said he usually gets angry calls, lets them get it out, calms down and simply says "we'll cancel it".  It's a shame other landowners don't apply the same common sense approach with legitimate customers....

C

Aldi Cancelled - 24122021 - redacted.pdf

Thanks a lot for this.  It will help other motorists in the future.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hope so Dave and especially if Google picks up this thread - I'll keep looking for the original PCN, and post it up if I find it. I could post up my Appeal, but as it wasn't even looked at it probably has no value.

C

That's brilliant a clued up Manager.

Parking Eye would have difficulty with my local Aldi with a claim, the sign at the entrance has fallen off so no signage at the entrance just the ones 8 foot in the air on posts on the car park.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes my local store manager told me to go to him if I or others had hassle off PE  don't think they are too happy with PE.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...