Natwest Contractual Interest

richwhit1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having done some research I have decided that not only am I going to reclaim my charges from Natwest but I'm also going for the Contractual Interest rather than the S.69 8%.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether Natwest have settled anyones claim so far including any Contractual Interest claimed and if so at what rate the contractual interest was claimed.

As ever, any advices would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

richwhit

Have a read through some of the success stories.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/

It would be better for you, and everyone following your progress if you post all your questions in the same thread.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Many thanks for the links Deller which I have looked at previously and looked again at today.

I'll be honest though and cannot actually find any success story where someone states that they have had the Contractual Interest reclaimed from Natwest.

All i need is a simple y or n from you but do you know of anyone who has claimed contractual interest from Natwest and they have repaid it??

Hoping for a Y as this is all I need for some re-assurance that I'm not going to be the first trying to claim Contractual Interest from Natwest as I'm still a newbie and don't want to muck things up!!

Thanks as ever,

richwhit

Well I've had a look myself and can't find any successes with regards to Nat West but I know a few people are in the process of doing so.

Thanks for looking anyway Deller.

I guess I'm a bit daunted in going for the Contractual Interest as Natwest have not paid out on it yet and as this is my first case am wondering whether its the right thing to do or whether I should just claim the charges and be happy with the 8% s.69???

Problem is however - if successful - the difference in playing safe or going for the Contractual is just under £1000 - a fair chunk!!

Do you have the names of thers who are going for Contractual Interest with Natwest so I can keep an eye on there claims and in your opinion, if I fail with the Contractual Interest with Natwest do you think I could amend my claim and go for the charges plus my 8% s.69??

thanks,

richwhit

Hi Rich...

I HAVE had Compounded Contractural Interest back from NatWest at the Unauthorised Rate....

but there was a slight caveat...

have a look at my thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/44111-i-spoke-too-soon.html#post350449

NatWest - £538 charges refunded... PLUS COMPOUNDED, CONTRACTURAL, UNAUTHORISED INTEREST at 29.69%... ;-)

CL Finance (from GE Money) - £98.28 refunded... INCLUDING COMPOUNDED CONTRACTURAL INTEREST at 29.90%.... :-)

Link Financial (from GE Money) - partial refund (£247.26) from total claim of £410.03... on we go... :rolleyes: