Littlewoods Refuse to replace faulty item.

mnrbig

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We bought our little boy a Nintendo DS. The screen packed up on it so we sent it to back to littlewoods for replacement.

We received a letter from them stating that they will not be replacing the DS as we are in arrears with Choice4you.(not of our own doing i must add.) Does anybody have a suggestion. My thought was that if they can refuse to honor a order because of another account, we can refuse to pay them or any of the companies they own(reciprocity of agreement)or am I wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

in my humble opinion (and i am no lawyer or legal expert) - it shouldnt make any difference if your account is in arrears, if a product is faulty and in the guarentee time then they should replace it. I would ring them and insist to speak to the supervisor or write and sent 1st class recorded to the manager.

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Agreed, they have no right of set-off. You can formally rejewct the goods under the Sale of Goods Act and demand a refund. There's a moot point they might try to credit the amount to an account (rather than providing a cheque) but that's a different matter. Just go back and ask again - NOT referring to the earlier discussion. If you get the same answer, say you'll be raising a Small Claim for the full amount and costs, the choice is theirs.

The goods were bought on the Littlewoods account, so theoretically I haven't paid for them yet. It just gets my goat that they can refuse to replace the item,that is still under warranty , because of another account.

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

Providing the goods are legally yours, whether you have paid or are paying for them is immaterial to any rejection under the sale of goods act, therefore they are being both unethical and unrealistic in making this demand.