moneybarn - do they really know what they are doing? behind on car finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help me to cut a long story short,

had a bit of trouble over the covid times, and got into some late payments with money barn, I advised them I could pay an extra 50 per month on top of my other, did an income and expenditure and the direct debit was set up, paid direct debit for 3 months and they cancelled it and cancelled by agreement. 

I didnt know till the next month when the didnt come out, mail had been going to my old address as apparently they had also done a search and it had defaulted back to that one. It took them threes months to change it,

in mean time letters were going to wrong address.

I was advised as the agreement had been cancelled the only thing could be done is hand car back, pay full balance, or pay enough for a consent order.s

I agreed with the consent order, even though while the account was on hold whilst this was sorted a debt collection agency (no court order) attended my old address for the car, adding fees on, after a complaint I eventually got them removed. 

Complaint took 4 months, and is now with the ombudsman

I was told by moneybarn it would be up to the courts how much I paid each month, but I then started receiving letters from their legal department dwf, saying about final settmentn, handing car back etc.

I said it was going to get consent order, where i was told this had to be agreed before court.

iT has taken 6 months for them to contact me. i am now been told that I will need to pay an additional 140 a month so it finishes same time as the cancelled agreement,

I have emailed them, their customer services, 28 times with no responses 

What should I do, pay 140, or cut my losses.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

• dx100uk changed the title to moneybarn - do they really know what they are doing? behind on car finance

retitled

post spaced

and moved to the moneybarn forum.

moneybarn make up their own rules as they go along. 

what a consent order has got to do with anything puzzles me 

if you want to keep the car - then do a TIME ORDER

if you want to rid yourself of these muppets - then do a voluntary Surrender.

NEVER EVER EVER let moneybarn take the car without a return of goods order from a COURT

and never ever voluntary surrender to them.

and what DWF has gotto do with being involved in car finance disputes amazes me, all they usually do is scam people out of money for fake civil restitution RLP stuff..they are useless too.

i find your thread rather confused, but thats expected , it seems you've let moneybarn keep this runing for months before coming here for proper concise help.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi I am in exactly the same position,I missed. a couple of payments because the car needed repairs carried out, I paid £1000 in repair costs and I kept MONEYBARN updated by email(that they rarely respond to)  & now I have 7 days to pay the full balance outstanding or return the car to them.

i don’t know what to do & if I do hand the car back I’m afraid I’ll end up with more issues with them.

Please help

55 minutes ago, Tis73 said:

Hi I am in exactly the same position,I missed. a couple of payments because the car needed repairs carried out, I paid £1000 in repair costs and I kept MONEYBARN updated by email(that they rarely respond to)  & now I have 7 days to pay the full balance outstanding or return the car to them.

i don’t know what to do & if I do hand the car back I’m afraid I’ll end up with more issues with them.

Please help

Hello, welcome to CAG.

For us to help you, please start a new thread of your own for specific advice on your problem. This thread is for advising sickofmoneybarn.

Best, HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

5 hours ago, Tis73 said:

Please help

you dont hand the car back and you dont EVER believe anything moneybarn tell you!!

and what are you doing spending money on a car THAT IS NOT YOURS!!

create your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...