Heckler20 vs Barclays

Heckler20

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post but been lurking for a while.

Received my copy statements back, worked out the amount owed (a fair chunk) and sent the initial template letter with the amounts, charges and as usual set a 14 day timetable before the LBA gets sent. I've received a letter promising a 'response or update' no later than a months time. Yeah right.

Now my question is, is it considered unreasonable for me to ignore their timetable and stick to my own, i.e. sending the LBA 14 days after I sent the initial letter? Should I send a response letter acknowledging theirs but reminding them of my timetable?

Hi Heckler,

I too had exactly the same reply a while back. I did wait for their response but mainly because I did not have the time to send the LBA on time. I did get a reply as I am sure you will but with a low offer which I believe is quite normal. Anyway I then continued with the LBA, declining their offer as a final settlement and have now received an identical letter saying they will reply in a months time again but I am not waiting this time as it is just delay tactics.

My reply will probably just be a slight increase in money offered and I want the LOT!!! so I am not waiting around for it.

My advise would be to totally ignore their response, stick with your timetable, keep all their letters but don't even reply to it just set your LBA in motion after the 14 days have passed.

Let us know how you get on as you are only about 2 weeks behing me.

Regards

Laineybelle

Yes Heckler, stick to your own timetable - your letters to them state what you will be doing and when. If they can't get back to you with answers (even crap ones) by then, it's their own fault. Expect to see a GOGW offer after your LBA/issuance of court claim.

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.