Hermes creating obstacles to avoid compensation for fully insured, lost item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m having similar nightmare with them although my item was insured and met all the other requirements.

They asked for Letter of Denial and receipt within 14 days and said they would get back with a decision.

Did that, then they emailed back on 23RD DECEMBER saying they need screenshots of conversations between me and recipient and another receipt. No mention they needed that within next 14 days and now say because they got that late they won’t pay. 

why not just ask for all the info at once?

Have a feeling it’s a way to add on layers of obstructions to avoid paying. Your experience of being asked five times for same info making me more convinced.

In their emails it requests  m evidence within 14 days but doesn’t say they won’t pay if you don’t send it on time. That’s squirrelled away in the Terms & Conditions of course. They won’t even let you write a letter of complaint so writing to CEO

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Hermes have somehow managed to loose 1 of 2 office chairs which they’ve admitting to loosing. Worth £90

Completed and sent them Letter of Denial complete with logo  from  furniture company was returning to and proof of cost of item. They do advise that they request form and evidence back within 14 days to enable promptness of dealing with enquiry etc. sent and got email back saying they would contact me in 28 days with a decision so left it at that.

On 23rd December when was on Christmas break they messaged asking for screenshots of conversation where company says item hasn’t turned up & proof of cost and address. Obviously didn’t see this as was away for Christmas but messaged and they now say they won’t pay because the info wasn’t sent in 14 days. 

why not just ask for everything  they need at once?? I feel like this is a deliberate way to make people jump through hoops and miss deadlines which apparently can be found in the Ts&Cs. I am so upset and frustrated and was in tears earlier (hormones) especially as they have been so belligerent and refuse to even explain how I can make a complaint. Anyone had similar experience? Not sure what to do next. 

it’s so misleading as they don’t clearly say “if the evidence is sent late we won’t pay”. Also trying to argue with them the deadline info was attached to the form request, not screen shot info. Like banging my head against a brick wall! 

Ceo..forget it

Complaint

Letter of claim

Court claim

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

100's of like threads here to read.

just follow our tried and tested method briefly outlined above.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, don't be given the runaround.

They are leading you around by the nose. Take control.

Start laying down what you want in your complaint and then your letter of claim.

As my site team colleague has said read the stories on the sub forum first

Please keep us updated. Post-draft of any messages you want to send here before you send them off.

Let us see your letter of claim and also your particulars of claim before you click them off.

In terms of "hopefully at some point enough people…", It will never happen.

This company claims to deliver 2 million parcels a day so you are expecting a lot of people to suddenly mobilise themselves and to abandon Hermes.

Also, don't forget that the vast majority of the parcels are delivered successfully – but clearly when things go wrong then they are not prepared to step up to the mark and frankly it's quite amazing that they are prepared to accept all of the bad press and reputational damage simply to try and deprive a few people of the reimbursement for the items which they, Hermes, have lost.

Don't imagine for one moment that other people who use Hermes or the suppliers who use Hermes or trading standards or anybody else has got your back. They haven't.
You are completely on your own and in fact the only people who do have your back are – Us.