CEL PCN - Oak Mall shopping centre Greenock scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, Hopefully a fairly simple one. My son parked in the Oak Mall shopping centre car park in Greenock on the 15th January and today received a PCN through the door advising "payment not made in accordancxe with terms displayed on signage" Now he has looked in car and found the ticket that was issued and on looking at it there appears to have a been a slip up wihen adding the reg and instead of at L at the start he must have knocked the S button by accident.  So the question is, are we worthwhile making contact with the company (Civil Enforcement) to point this out or will they just say you made the error tough luck pay up? Any help much appreciated. Thanks 

Hi everyone, Hopefully a fairly simple one.

My son parked in the Oak Mall shopping centre car park in Greenock on the 15th January and today received a PCN through the door advising "payment not made in accordancxe with terms displayed on signage"

Now he has looked in car and found the ticket that was issued and on looking at it there appears to have a been a slip up when adding the reg and instead of at L at the start he must have knocked the S button by accident. 

So the question is, are we worthwhile making contact with the company (Civil Enforcement) to point this out or will they just say you made the error tough luck pay up?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks 

They will tell you tough luck – but that is no reason to put your hands up.

I'm sure one of my site team colleagues much more exposed in this than me will come along and give you the advice you need

• Thanks 1

Totally ignore

dont ever appeal as you might ID the driver

There is no tort of trespass in Scotland nothing they can do ever!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Guys, I had a feeling that would be the case but just wanted to check in the hope that one of these compnaies may finally have some morals when it comes to certain parking issues and might have been worth contacing. 

If you were in England you would already be in a good position as the PPCs have learnt their lesson and almost always throw the towel in quickly over wrong registration cases, given the hammerings they've had in the past in court.  Judges consider the wrong letter "de minimis" ("the law does not deal with trivialities").

In Scotland it's even better, no POFA and as dx says no trespass.

Well done your son for keeping the ticket.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL PCN - Oak Mall shopping centre Greenock scotland

whatever he does do not ever ever ever contact anyone.

1st time ive heard of CEL in scotland ...utterly useless PPC even in england BUt they pull all kinds of stupid stunts.

there has never been a single PPC scottish claim seen here and they cant do one by the backdoor as paperwork must be served person to person.

thats the very worst.

HTH

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...