Jump to content

I purchased a Van unfit for use from Brunel used commercials/The Van Hub. They are refusing a refund.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

When you say your letters were "... returned, refused" do you mean that you sent them recorded delivery  and they refused to sign for them, or do you just mean they rejected your claim?


For future reference - and you may still need to know it here - sending anything to someone that they are required to sign for is often a dead giveaway that it's something they won't want to receive - so they will refuse to accept it.  Probably better to send 1st class from a Post Office counter and get a free certificate of posting.  If you do that the Interpretation Act deems what you send to have been delivered two working days later - unless the addressee can prove they never received it.  As you can imagine, it is very very difficult for someone to prove they never received something sent to them.


I'm sure others will be along shortly to address your questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • BankFodder changed the title to I purchased a Van unfit for use from Brunel used commercials/The Van Hub. They are refusing a refund.
53 minutes ago, johnonymous said:




It is in the jurisdiction of Trading Standards rather than the Police, but individuals can only report to Citizens Advice who may then report the matter to Trading Standards.


As far as I can tell they have not and the people at the DVSA expressed surprise that Trading Standards had not been in touch.


Regardless of whether I get any money back it would be good to stop these people selling cars that could kill.


Something for you to bear in mind later: if you haven't already raised this with CAB and you haven't asked them to refer it to TS, then do so.  And if TS appear to do nothing complain, to one (or even all) of your local county councillors.


Unfortunately TS are utterly hopeless in respect of any service they provide to the consumers and council tax payers who fund them.  I spent a year as a trainee TS inspector in the mid 1980s and they were crap then, even though it was still possible for members of the public to "walk in" and talk to someone for advice.  Now they're even worse apparently...

  • I agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...