ESA and Student Grant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’m really scared and nervous to write here, as I’ve never done anything like this before. 

I had a telephone DWP compliance interview the other week, when I had the letter I thought I’d been called up at random as I couldn’t think what I’d done wrong. 
In 2016 I started an open uni course part time as I was working, however a few months later I suddenly became unwell and was off work a year before finally becoming dismissed. I had to claim ESA while I was still employed as I hadn’t paid enough tax. My mum helped me make the ESA claim over the phone and one of the questions was ‘are you in full time education’ which I replied no to, but we said I had as at the OU part time. 
I had to attends job centre visits and told them again about my open uni course, and every year I phoned up for a letter to confirm my ESA for my student fee loan and a part time grant. 

The compliance officer is investigating me because I hadn’t declared my studying even though he had it down that I said I was with them. So I’ve had to send in all my information on my student grant which is £1155 a year. 
I’m terrified of what is going to happen because I’m sure they had everything down about it all. I’m still claiming ESA for my illness and I’m in the support group, and I’m upset because I’m sure everything was down. 
I just wondered if anyone knows what’s going to happen to me. 

Best wishes 

nothing much i doubt.

even if it is 'bad' it would only be a small monthly repayment

go onto the DWP website and type in SAR 

then fill it out and send it.

if they are going to make deductions they MUST hold the evidence you owe it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Grants are not normally considered by benefits, because the grant is towards basic costs of attending the course. 

Benefits would consider student maintenance loans towards living costs, but you have not mentioned these.

For a part-time Open University course I don't think maintenance loans would have been available. But you may wish to check this, as benefits will take into account maintenance loans at the maximum level, where the claimant has not take these out, but could have done so.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You will not end up in jail nor with a record.

stop panicking.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no need to stress over this, nothing unusual and even IF you do owe anything, small payments can be arranged.

but don't forget they must have written evidence you do owe them anything, not just some 'note' on the system from some external audit agency, which they do sometimes use, that thinks you do.

get that SAR done.

dx

and they