Highview/DCB(L) pcn claimform - Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve just received a Claim Form from the County Court regarding a PCN issued originally in July 2019 by DCB Legal Ltd. The PCN was issued because I was parked on private land ie. Urban Exchange, Manchester. The claimant is Highview Parking Limited.

I admit I overstayed the 1 hour 30 minutes limit by 20 minutes but I refused to pay, primarily because I thought the charge was excessive and more so because I decided that trying to reason with these charlatans would be completely futile.

At no stage have I ever admitted guilt or even entered any kind of dialogue but I admit now we have reached the 11th hour,

I am completely out of my depth and facing a near £300 charge

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
Paragraphs added for ease of reading. HB

Hello, welcome to CAG.

If it's Highview, it isn't a fine because they can't do that. We call them speculative invoices. Anyway, the important thing is to start dealing with this. Could you let us have the information requested in the forum sticky please and we'll advise accordingly.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

1 hour ago, GEMINIchester said:

I’ve just received a Claim Form from the County Court regarding a PCN issued originally in July 2019 by DCB Legal Ltd. The PCN was issued because I was parked on private land ie. Urban Exchange, Manchester. The claimant is Highview Parking Limited.

I admit I overstayed the 1 hour 30 minutes limit by 20 minutes but I refused to pay, primarily because I thought the charge was excessive and more so because I decided that trying to reason with these charlatans would be completely futile. At no stage have I ever admitted guilt or even entered any kind of dialogue but I admit now we have reached the 11th hour, I am completely out of my depth and facing a near £300 fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, GEMINIchester said:

I’m struggling to navigate this site tbh and I’m not sure what information you are requesting.

If you follow the link I posted, you need to copy and paste the questions from that thread into the reply box below this post. Then you can add your answers, ideally in red or bold, so they stand out.

If you get stuck, please let us know.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• dx100uk changed the title to Highview/DCB(L) pcn claimform - Manchester

We don't need the claim form, they are standard so we know what they look like.

We needs (a) the fleecers' particulars of claim verbatim with the amounts they are claiming, and (b) the date of the claim so we know the deadline for getting your defence in.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread