Peoples Energy to British Gas Account Assignation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've had a quick look for similar threads, but haven't found any - so apologies in advance if the issue has been raised elsewhere.

So, long story short:

> Peoples Energy go bust in September,

> Account assigned to British Gas - not at all happy with this as BG is probably at the top of my Energy Supplier badlist!

> Advised to hang fire with them (by them, no surprise) until my account is migrated from People's Energy (PE), so as to ensure my credit, circa £700 is transferred from the administrators and direct debits are kept setup with PE as these will also be moved.

> Final meter reading provided to BG September. Zero comms from BG, until, you guessed it, early Jan demanding my bill was paid within 3 days (what bill, I hadn't even have one), for the price of £400 odd. The irony in this is that way back in September, I actually predicted BG would do something like this, hold back bills until it was at such a level that you would have to pay it in order for them to let you move account.

Now I know what you are thinking, hadn't you been putting the uncollected DD amount away in prep for your bill. The simple answer is... Yes. BUT, as a matter of principle, BG are due to receive my £700 credit from PE and haven't managed to transfer the DD's across. Do you really think I am going to part with £400 when I am actually owed £700. For me its a matter of principle, yes I am stubborn, but I've seen this BG movie before.

Called BG, was on hold for an hour before putting thru to the most un-knowledgeable customer service agent. I'm not having a go at them, I'm having a go at BG for  just throwing bodies at the problem as a deflection tactic. She did say my bill would be put on hold and I would receive a telephone call by the end of the week (last week) to discuss my complaint. I had asked to be put thru to complaints, but for some reason, this wasn't possible or the poor lady wasn't shown how to do this. Guess what, no call from BG to discuss the complaint. I did however receive a chaser to pay my bill.

So really what I am asking is that:

Is anyone else in the same situation with their account being migrated, DD to be setup and receiving your credit?

Should I just stop being stubborn, pay the bill and move my account elsewhere - what will happen to my credit from PE, we have been advised by BG not to cancel DD's and bear with them until everything is transferred.

Great advice, what they really meant was, don't do anything until we ramp up your bill that much (in the hope you cant pay), so we can hold your face to the fire and you can never leave.

I cannot stand BG, their service has always been absolutely shocking and tactics questionable.

We have previous with them (to which I won, but that's another story).

a bit of a rant but does make me feel slightly better. Just wondering what the options I have are. 

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

switch fight afterwards.

once your bill goes above £500 you will be blocked.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, not sure what the SAR request would achieve, is this really just to get an audit trail of the comms?

I'll probably pay a month towards it keep the amount down and initiate the transfer to someone else. I'm not even actually sure if I'm locked in until the account is "migrated". I'll find out soon enough.

My only real concern is that I pay, then move, and the PE credit vanishes into thin air. Its more the principle the BG havent done what they said they were going to do.

Its amazing what an sar can throw up.

as for the refund, one of the others that failed last year went to bg, neighbour was able to switch and i believe that recent rules mean old providers now cant hold on to any credit even if you are a customer over if over £100.

DX

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sympathise, I hate these utilities.

Do you know what rate you are on with British Gas?  Is it the deemed rate which is the highest tariff?

Maybe you should go to a comparison website and see what you could be paying (might be easier said than done just now) but then you would have a basis to say to them that every day that passes is costing you X amount.

Thanks for the replies.

As a consumer, you really are going on the advice they give you to hang fire with them until its all sorted out, with the carrot being dangled of your Credit.

I'm just going to make moves to shift it away from them just now. It's just bloody well sneaky on their part to hold off sending you a bill until they have your hands tied around your back.

I couldn't actually tell you what tariff I'm on, but I'll find out and post it for info, no doubt the most expensive one.

Just a quick question, am I correct in saying the magic number for your supplier to block your move is £500?

your tariff should be on your login on their site

simply create a user there with the details you have.

as for the £500 i know that recently and always used to be the threshold for switching , if it still is im not sure.

and they

Thanks Dx, its below that so hopefully shouldn't be a problem. They are advising (via their webchat for complaints) not to transfer away from them until the process is complete in 2-3 months. Although when I queried my credit they said it would be a few weeks - I smell sh*.

So in fairness BG's webchat complaint format below, is actually pretty good.

I'll post a redacted transcript of the chat later once I remove personal info, but, they have cancelled the bill until the credit is received and have assured me that moving supplier wont be blocked.

They estimated my monthly DD at slightly over what I was paying (to be expected in the current climate), which I have agreed to pay one month as a goodwill gesture via Debit Card (I'm not falling down their DD trapdoor where they scoop the full bill).

Looks positive, fingers crossed. Thanks for the comments folks :)

So looking positive.

DX

and they

It is that, I also had a look at other tariffs of the suppliers that are taking on customers, and they are actually all more expensive than BG - maybe I should put my toys back in the pram and not cut my nose off to spite my face. Thanks again.

Yep

DX

• I agree 1

and they

Greetings I too am in a similar situation with being transfered from Peoples Energy to Centrica (British Gas, Scottish Gas) however the only emails that seams to work is via

CEO-email, for Chris O'Shea and Matthew Bateman.

Do not pay by Direct Debit or Debit / Credit card,  I pay via standing order that way I am in control how much they can get, because Centrica have abused the Direct Debit for

many customers with fantasy numbers in the thousands per month already.

As for complaints there are plenty on Trustpilot:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.britishgas.co.uk?search="bust"

As for me I have had a final bill from Peoples Energy 16 Dec 21 which is wrong in several areas, also a bill from Centrica which was in my late mothers name who has been dead

more than 5 years and is also wrong in similar areas, still no credit has transfered even as today.

Centrica treat all customers with the same distrust and their estimate bills are given more trust than actual photos of your meters, dealing with the executive office is a little better

as they phone and email is returnable that will be answered, but overall they closed down my complaint without actually doing anything that was in their power to do.

Competition is currently dead so switching to another supplier will cost even more for fixed or variable contracts if you can switch at all!

Edited by ASIIndustries

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!