• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply. Yes the hob was bought Sept but not installed until early Dec, started showing faults almost immediately but because it was 'bought' over 30 days Curry's washed their hands of it. The hob cost £229.00 and I still have it here. Yesterday I sent an email to Alex Baldock CEO of Curry's and I received a reply almost immediately from his office who have passed it onto their 'Executive Resolution Team' who will investigate and respond to the matter in due course. The email sent was more or less the exact copy of the one that I posted here so we will now wait their investigation and I will let you know the outcome.
    • The shortage of semiconductors is continuing to have a major impact on industries around the world.View the full article
    • Hi CAG,   First time poster here.   I would like to start off by saying that I've read through various threads and it's quite heartwarming to see the level of attention and support you give to people dealing with often stressful and anxiety inducing circumstances. I'll certainly be making a donation as this is truly a valuable resource.   I've read several similar threads to my own situation but I thought I'd seek your advice.   I opened a letter just a few hours ago from London Collection and Compliance Centre which is dated 11th January 2022 for an amount totalling £870.68. I'll attach a copy below. I can't quite remember the date of the initial offence. For context, I boarded a bus (I believe in 2018) and unbeknownst to me, my contactless card did not register correctly on the reader. I had my headphones in with music playing and was sat for my journey and then was approached by a ticket inspector who informed me that I did not tap and therefore was unable to provide proof of a valid ticket. Despite explaining the circumstances, I was asked for my details which I provided in full. I was honest and forthcoming with the ticket inspector but I wasn't aware this would amount to a fine as I was provided with a printed pass for the remainder of my journey. I accept liability for not being able to provide proof of a valid ticket and do not wish to dispute this regardless of intent.    I'm not entirely sure why I didn't pay the fine upon receipt of TfL's initial correspondence but I'm a long time sufferer of anxiety and depression which at times is so debilitating that I'm unable to make the best decisions or carry out simple actions. Some of which would mean I wouldn't need to make this post. I struggled financially at the time of receiving this letter and further correspondence which placed I did not deal with correctly because of the mental state I was in. I struggled to cope with and stupidly I neglected my responsibility and buried my head in the sand. I made an error in judgement that I wholeheartedly regret.   As of writing (early hours of 26th January 2022), the 10 working days given in the 'Further steps notice' has elapsed (25th January 2022). I rarely receive mail and therefore I don't regularly check my mailbox. However, I decided to take a look today as I suspected I missed a Royal Mail delivery. I intend on calling the number on the letter at the earliest appropriate time in the morning and dealing with this matter. I'm desperate to right my previous wrongs as I've worked hard to deal with my anxiety by beginning therapy. However, like many others in this thread, I'm worried about the prospect of having a criminal record. I'm 26 years only and I don't have any previous convictions nor have I had any trouble with the law. I have a real love for the service TfL provides and I'm capable of listing off an endless stream of related trivia. I have no previous run ins with TfL and regularly travel on the network and pay the correct, full fare each time.    I'm worried about how this will affect my future in regards to employment and my intention of naturalising as a British citizen (I've been in the UK for 20 years now).   I'll note my primary questions below and would truly appreciate your advice.   a) If I get in contact with the number on the letter as soon as possible, will that be too late despite the close proximity to the deadline?   b) What would be the best potential approach to resolving this issue? (I'm unable to pay the amount in as a lump sum.)   c) If I were successful in arranging a payment plan/somehow paying the amount in full, how would that affect the court proceedings? Would this still result in a criminal record?   d) I've seen other threads which mention OOC settlements with TfL, would this be an option despite receipt of a 'Further steps notice' letter?   e) Should I end up in court or have the opportunity to speak to someone over the phone - will I be able to explain my circumstance and plead for leniency?   f) What other general steps would you suggest I take at this stage to mitigate the consequences?   Apologies for this post being so long, I wanted to include as much relevant detail as possible and I'm more than happy to provide any that's missing. I don't want to make excuses for myself. I completely accept I'm in the wrong for allowing things to get to this stage, despite the difficulty I had with my mental state but I want to do right by myself and deal with this. I'll post regular updates and be sure to include a conclusion once I deal with the matter regardless of the outcome.   Thank you in advance for looking at this post, I really do appreciate what you do.   IMG_2609.pdf
    • The worrying aspect is that they could well run away ... then a few months down the line, knowing full well you'd moved, sue you at your old address, knowing you would lose by default.  Therefore I suggest sending the above letter off on Thursday if the other regulars don't disagree, then on Saturday another one to just UKPM     Dear UK Car Park Management Limited,   re: PCN no.XXXXX   please note that I no longer live at XXXXX but that my new address is XXXXX.   Yours,
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Johnny - Just served LloydsTSB

einsteincountry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning

My Money Claim Online claim is due to be served to Lloyds TSB today. I'm now officially kacking myself. I've read all the guidellines on this site over and over again, and have made sure I've followed the procedures to a tee, but I'm still worried, naturally.

I just wanted to post this so that I can ask for what I think which be much needed help over the next few weeks/months

Wish me luck please

Johnny

Preliminary Approach - 06/10/06

LBA - 06/11/06

Court Claim Issued - 06/12/06

No need to worry, you're in safe hands.

have you sent your schedule of charges to the courts and solicitors? If not do so today.

Because you applied online you referred to these charges but the courts have not had sight of them, and the bank/solicitors will pick on this and try to rubbish your claim

They'll try to rubbish it anyway but this is something you should do

Thanks for the reply

I haven't sent anything yet. I don't know who the solicitors are yet, my claim is just saying "Issued" on MCOL. Will I have to wait until they're served before I know who to send it to? Also - MCOL tells me that all claims are issued to as court in Northampton. Is this the court I'll need to send the details to>

Johnny

Hi Johnny

Welcome to the LTSB forum!

If you do the following:

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

And then send the same when Lloyds acknowledge your claim.

Good luck!

Barty:)

• Confused 1

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Barty,

Thanks for that I have just begun the court process and wondered when I should send the court a copy of my bank charges. Will do that this afternoon.

Cheers

Good Luck Johnny. I am in celebrations mood I won my ERC charges back from GMAC so I feel unstoppable.

Lainey :D :D

Please do not be scared. There is so much support and help on this site it is quite extraordinary. It really would be quite astonishing for something to happen in your matter that had not already happened to someone in this forum. I am not entirely sure, but i understand if you get really stuck you can message one of the moderators directly.

Going to court is a big deal and quite daunting. So many people do not go as far as you have in the process. Lloyds knows this and uses it to its advantage - Keep the faith

Regards

Paula

• 3 weeks later...

A reply from Lloyds, dated 22nd December, received 23rd December:

"Thank you for getting in touch with us again. I am sorry you are still unhappy about your account charges.

We've already explained that we believe it is fair to charge you for extra services you've requested, as long as you know about the charges in advance. When you didn't have enough in your account to cover a payment, we had to agree to make it by setting up or increasing your overdraft, or tell you we couldn't agree to it. We feel it's only fair to charge for our service in considering and implementing this.

It's easy to keep a running check on how much is in your account. You can et an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, online and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over the limit we've agreed, you're welcome to see if we can raise it - and we can usually give you an answer straight away. Again we can do that for you by phone, on line or at any of our branches. There's no charge at all for this.

Generally we don't agree to adjust any of these charges, but I can tell you that on this occasion we are prepared to repay you £515. You may have read that we and the other banks are discussing overdraft charges with the Office of Fair Trading. Meanwhile we do consider each customer's position individually, and we are making you this offer because the amount you're asking for is less that the cost we might face in dealing with your complaint if you took it any further.

I need to let you know that this does not mean we consider we have any legal obligation to do so. This sum will be credited to your account in the next few days.

As I've explained, these charges are avoidable and we would strongly urge you to keep within the limit you've agreed with us or to ask us if we could increase it for you.

This letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of the letter. I have enclosed their leaflet that outlines how to contact them.

Your Sincerely

Sally Farrington (Mrs)

Customer Services Officer"

First of all, I'm happy with the £515 as an initial payment but from everything I've read on this site I still intend to pursue the rest (I'm claiming £685 in total). Secondly, how ridiculously patronising is this standard response? I laughed out loud when I read it. They actually forgot to include the Ombudsman Service's leaflet.

I have a couple of question if anyone can help?

1) How should I respond to the bank?

2) What should I do, if anything, with my Money Claim On Line claim? As far as I can see, Lloyds haven't acknowledged anything with ths court as my claim. MCOL says:

"Your claim request has been accepted. The Defendant has 14 days from the date they are served with the claim, to reply."

Does this 14 days to reply mean that they have 14 days to reply to me or to reply to the court? They had till Dec 25th to reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Johnny

Hi

Firstly have a look at this about your part settlement:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

I'm not sure about the MCOL, whether you have to adjust your claim or not, I'm sure someone else will know.

It will come up on MCOL when they acknowledge your claim, maybe with Christmas and the New Year etc they will be given extra time?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

Thanks for that. I thought I'd better ring money claim first to see if LloydsTSB's letter to me was submitted to the court. It turns out it wasn't and stroppy yet helpful girl on the phone told me that LloydsTSB hadn't submitted anything bythe 28/12/06 deadline so I can claim a default against them for the full amount.

This seems a little too easy. Could it be that the amount I'm claiming wasnt worth their while in court cases and that they thought they'd try to buy me off with a 80% offer? I haven't read any other threads where this has happened.

I'll let you know if I hear anything back from MCOL. The judgement will be submitted to court tomorrow morning

Johnny

Hi Johnny

In the last couple of weeks or so before Christmas, they started offering these "goodwill" gestures, I've read of numerous ones on here. Whether it was just a pre-Christmas thing, or if they will continuing offering these, I don't know.

My default judgement has been accepted. I have the option to start a warrant but I'll give them a week or so to reply to the judgement.

Johnny

LBA - 06/11/06

Partial Settlement Offered - 22/12/06

Default Judegment Accepted - 03/12/07

Can anyone tell me if I get the cost of requesting a warrant back if I win? This part's scaring me now as they've already paid up over £500 and requesting a warrant for the remaining £150 seems like a risk

Johnny

LBA - 06/11/06

Partial Settlement Offered - 22/12/06

Default Judgement Accepted - 03/12/07

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just received a letter from Her Majesty's Court Service telling me that my judgement has yet to be accepted as they need to query a specific piece of information I have supplied and won't be accepted until I post this back. The point of clarification is:

2, Reason(s) for failure:

We are unable to register a firm/limited company. Please advise if the judgement relates to:

a) Limited company trading as a firm

b) Joint judgment against firm and limited company

c) Firm only

d) LImited company only

e) Firm part of address for limited company e.g accountants or solicitors

f) Other - please specify

I'm guessing it's d) Limited company only. The address I gave for LloydsTSB was my home branch.

Can anyone help?

Johnny

Get in!!!!!!!!!

After sending a letter threatening a warrant for execution, I've just noticed this line on my online statement:

29/01/07 SETTLMNT OF CLAIM £151.19

A big thanks to everyone for their help!!! and good luck to all of you who are still fighting.

Johnny