Packlink / Hermes Lost Parcel, offering bare minimum compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope you can help, I bought a pair of trainers just before Xmas, however they were a size too small, rather than return them I decided to sell them on eBay as they are fairly hard to get.

I used Packlink / Hermes as the courier and regrettably I didnt opt for enhanced comp (given the value of the item and difference between normal comp and enhanced it didnt make sense), I dropped them off to the parcel shop on the 21st Dec (receipt provided),

over the next 10 days I saw that the item was still tracking as dropped off at the parcel shop, I contacted Hermes they told me to speak to Packlink who opened a case and agreed the item was lost. Their investigation has concluded and they have agreed to compensate me £25 + the cost of the postage, I have just received the email and have not responded back, the money is due to be sent to me tomorrow.

I have partly accepted the loss as a lessons learned,

i came across some of the discussions on this board and thought maybe is may be worth looking into further?

particulars of the costs:

Original Item value: £220

Item Sold for: £275

Ebay Fees: £14.05

Delivery Cost: £4.39 (Refunded)

I have refunded the £275 back to the buyer, since a case was opened I have also lost the £14.05 ebay fees, my net loss atm is £220 + £14.05 (not to mention the actual sale of the item), should I accept the £25 compensation and move on?

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated,

its less about the money and more about the fact that there are very few options when it comes to which courier to use and if the item gets lost/stolen the companies seem to simply wash they hands of the issue with a pretty poor compensation.

Thanks in advance

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

type in hermes in our search top right of our red banner and follow any hermes thread.

issue a complaint letter

then a letter of claim

then a court claim.

your case is identical to 100's here already.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, Hermes – not Packlink.

Do the reading as has been recommended by my site team above and you will understand why and all the issues.

I suggest that you don't take any action at all until you have spent a day reading up at least a couple of dozen stories on this Hermes sub- forum and you will understand the route.

We will support you all the way

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

follow any hermes thread

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi Sorry for the late response back, really appriciated your time, I had some personal stuff come up and needed the mental energy to deal with Hermes again

I wen through a bunch of threads as you suggested and decided to complain.......I tried to send the following letter of complaint to  thieir email address but the email bounced:

Thank you for contacting Hermes.  This email address is no longer a Customer Service contact channel so if you have a question about a parcel, please visit https://new.myhermes.co.uk/help-and-support/contact-us.html where you can use our Digital Assistant, Holly, to log an enquiry with Customer Services or she will point you in the right direction.

Dear Hermes Team,

I have recently lost an item using your delivery service via Ebay /  Packlink.

Item: Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 v2 Beluga Reflective - GW1229 - SIZE UK 10.5

The item was sold on ebay and I used Packlink/Hermes to ship the item,  I dropped them off to the parcel shop on the 21st Dec, however over the next 10 days I saw that the item was still tracking as dropped off at the parcel shop, I contacted Hermes they told you to speak to Packlink who opened a case and agreed the item was lost. Their investigation has concluded and they have agreed to compensate me £25 + the cost of the postage, which they have paid, however I am not satisfied with this result, the item value far exceeds what was compensated not to mention out of pocket expenses I incurred due to additional fees I had to pay out to eBay.

Delivery Cost: £4.39

From the above costs I received a measly £25 compensation from your Packlink partner. Therefore I am contacting you as I do not find the outcome of this settlement to be satisfactory - the insurance that you offer against your company’s negligence and failure to deliver my parcels is an unfair term under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable.

I am requesting a full refund of the price of item (£275) + Ebay Fees (£14.05) + Delivery Fees (£4.39) - Packlink Compensation (£30.79)

I will be taking further action depending on your response,

Best regards,

There appears to be no way to send a complaint through other than obver the phone via the chat bot, is this even legal?

I have googled eveywhere and I am unable to find a way of sending a complaint through

Thanks in advance

Should I go ahead and send through the letter of claim?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Lost / Stolen Ebay Item,

Packlink Reference: XXXXXX

Tracking Number: XXXXX

The subject item was posted on 21/12/2021 using HERMES. Your tracking confirmed that the parcel was dropped off at the parcel shop, however after no updates over the 10 days lead me to contact Hermes again ( XXXX) , they suggest that I contact Packlink.

I raised a claim with Packlink, but following them investigating with HERMES I was advised “After completing the investigation with the carrier the shipment has been confirmed as lost.”

Packlink further agreed to compensate me £25 + the cost of the original postage (£4.39)

However this does not cover the true cost of the loss which was as follows:

Delivery Cost: £4.39

From the above costs I received a measly £25 compensation from your Packlink partner. Therefore I am contacting you as I do not find the outcome of this settlement to be satisfactory - the insurance that you offer against your company’s negligence and failure to deliver my parcels is an unfair term under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable.

You have so far declined to reimburse me and I am therefore informing you that applying my third-party rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 I shall issue a county court claim against you in 14 days and without any further notice unless you reimburse me in full before that date.

If I have to take this route I will be seeking both interest and court fees in addition to my total loss.

Yours faithfully

More evidence of how Hermes mis-manages their business in particular to frustrate people who have legitimate claims.

Of course the practice is dishonest.

I'm trying to get hold of an email address for you on this thread

you will need to send the letter of claim to an email address or else to a proper postal address – not a box number

Cheers, yeah I read that thread earlier as well, lol your reply is a zinger, hoping I get to send that on as well :D

Can I post it to them here? Capitol House, 1 Capitol Close, Morley, Leeds LS27 0WH.

Not sure who to address it to, complaints Dept?

I will send it recorded / signed for - assume I can add it to my compensation claim :)

Just send it first-class. Get a certificate of posting if you want

• 2 weeks later...

You should not be using email to file legal letters..write by royal mail. Get free proof of posting.

Dx

and they

The fact that you are asking this question shows that you haven't read around the stories on this sub- forum as you have been advised.

Also, why on earth are you imposing 14 day deadlines – and when there is no response, you don't know what to do? I'll huff and I'll puff and then I'll … err.

You should have spent the 14 days preparing your claim so that you are ready to click it off on day 15.

If you want to get your money back then obviously you will have to do issue the claim – and it should already have been ready to go