Abbey defence

Dayzee1980

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am doing my mum's bank charges for her. She banks with Abbey and is owed a measly £457.00.

Abbey put a written defence in against the court claim and the court have written enclosing a questionaire informing us that it's being transferred to the local small claims court.

Abbey's defence is the usual photocopied trash about how their charges are 'fair' and part of their terms and conditions.

They put £50 in mum's bank without her accepting the offer- just did it anyway and are now saying the £50 is fair and that they won't pay the rest full stop.

I have the court questionaire in front of me but I can't make head or tail of what to do. I have 4 days to get it back to the court.

Please help somebody?

Thanks

xx

Also I am unsure of what to put in these sections of the questionaire:

E-Experts 'Do you want permission to use an expert's report at the hearing? If yes, what will the expert's evidence deal with?

Have you already obtained an expert's report?

If yes, have you given a copy of that report to the other party?

In addition to using an expert's report, do you want your expert to attend the hearing and give evidence?

If yes, give the reasons why you think their attendance is necessary?

The court may order the appointment of a single expert who can be instructed by both parties. If you think this would not be appropriate, please say why.

G- Other information

Sorry- It also says have you enclosed the appropriate fee?

I have already paid the £50 fee for using moneyclaim, do I have to pay any further fees now? As I say, I'm claiming £457.00, what will the fee for this be?

I can't believe Abbey are stringing this out like this- it's costing us time, patience and more damn money grrrrr! All for £457!

If you go to the bank templates library there is a full page on filling out the AQ, it gives you an idea of what to put for each section. Also, if your claim is for over £1500 then you have to enclose another £100. It would have told you this when the Questionnaire came through. Mine came this morning and because my claim is over £1500 I do have to pay another £100.

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.