• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nettyg v Hsbc ***WON***

nettyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no i won't... i've been on good terms with bham county court - they're cool.

aww it's so warming when you first go on the hsbc forum - so many threads now saying ***won****

very very encouraging for any newbies xx

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Well still no news, talked to the county court, they received my AQ but not HSBCs, theyre waiting till monday incase the AQ is with them but just hasnt been processed yet, at which point theyll move on to the next stage.

Managed to get debby daubney on the phone, she sounded pissed, lol transfered me to the 'right department' when she heard i was checking on my bank charges claim although the right department was an answering phone.

Who knows. Anyway, the longer this takes the more charges ill have to reclaim as im overdrawn at the moment, lol. I seem to remember reading someone starting another claim and they just refunded the charges and closed the account. Sounds good to me, then I can get a student account with someone else. Something I should have done a long time ago. They've basically had me over a barrel. Not for much longer.

hopefully as you sent your own version of an acceptance letter, they won't realise that you didn't sign it eh?..... nutcase! lol

thanks

PFFFFFT !!! Wembley ???? and you a brummie girl !!!... anyway you will have to wait another few years before its properly finished !! on the other hand you could probably buy the millennium dome for the amount you got back

Anyway I just wanted to be the 608th post on your thread lol.. well done not only for getting back what was taken but for you and latty keeping us all pointed in the right direction.

pete

while you were out partying......

did you see lisaf's thread - remember the one where she took an offer 1000 less, they paid it, then she kept getting letters about the full offer and she didn't know what to do..........she got the extra money! single mom, two kids, starts her nursing degree soon - now that's what i like.

your offer of cake with file won't be needed!

also, i'm fighting fit this morning - take a look at my latest post on the aq thread and see what you think - i've pm'd crush to look as well. just evolving away here - i'll pm later today.

yes i saw lisa's thread- wicked

lats... is only 8.39 am!! i see you've been 'at it' since 7ish lawd girl, you need to get yourself a comfy bed!!

thanks, i will - i think we've shot ourselves in the foot - you need to go at low tide else it disappears - and that's not til later - but tide's going out now - so we are going to chance it. watch for flares!

crusher likes my idea - what do you think?

yes, stick to the timetable and you will get your money back (4 months beginning to end, roughly!)

just having a giggle: look at what's in the first post i ever wrote on your thread..........not bad, eh! one month to get the statements and 3 more to get to the dosh!

u know what lats, i've tried reading my thread from beginnng to end and i sit there giggling too - especially when i get to have my panic attack near the end hahaha.

you were spot on with my claim too - 4 months from start to finish!!

Hi Netty,

Would just like to say i have sat here over an hour reading your threads.

I have been reading up since before Christmas to start my claim. First Direct owe me £700 (peanuts compared to your amount)! I sent off my LBA tomorrow as I haven't heard a dickie bird from them.

They were due to charge me £100.52 in charges on the 13th March but I emailed and told them how disgusted I was that they were charging me on two accounts for being overdrawn for one night!

I got an email telling me they were going to refund the £55 on one account (not sure yet if that will include the £9 interest) but they wouldn't refund the charges on my other current acc with them. I replyed by telling them it was the first time i had OD on this account and I EXPECTED a withdrawl of charges. Still waiting for a reply.

The thing that pee's me off is I have been with HSBC/First Direct for over £25yrs and generally a good customer but due to illness and a job change on my hubby's part we have had a few tough years but what do they care!

Looking forward to sending off my LBA tomorrow.

Enjoy spending your dosh Netty!!!

Hi Netty,

Would just like to say i have sat here over an hour reading your threads.

I have been reading up since before Christmas to start my claim. First Direct owe me £700 (peanuts compared to your amount)! I sent off my LBA tomorrow as I haven't heard a dickie bird from them.

They were due to charge me £100.52 in charges on the 13th March but I emailed and told them how disgusted I was that they were charging me on two accounts for being overdrawn for one night!

I got an email telling me they were going to refund the £55 on one account (not sure yet if that will include the £9 interest) but they wouldn't refund the charges on my other current acc with them. I replyed by telling them it was the first time i had OD on this account and I EXPECTED a withdrawl of charges. Still waiting for a reply.

The thing that pee's me off is I have been with HSBC/First Direct for over £25yrs and generally a good customer but due to illness and a job change on my hubby's part we have had a few tough years but what do they care!

Looking forward to sending off my LBA tomorrow.

Enjoy spending your dosh Netty!!!

that's hsbc for you!! kindness itself NOT!!

gawd you must have the patience of a saint reading my thread for an hour - did you get to the end lol... ?

good for you that you're starting your claim process and very good luck with it.

and that's what we like to see - people who take the time to read and see what's going on before jumping on the perverbial bandwagon -

this isn't a quick road to wealth - it's a way to study up and follow the plan and get back what they have unfairly and unlawfully charged you.

Thanks for the reply lateralus (names original where did you get that one from)!

Have got a thick file full of stuff, I have it on loan at the mo to two friends who are looking at getting their cash back.

One question, I was looking at the templates again today on the site, the templates I have are the ones I down loaded ion Nov 06, do u know if any of them av been updated?

that's hsbc for you!! kindness itself NOT!!

gawd you must have the patience of a saint reading my thread for an hour - did you get to the end lol... ?

good for you that you're starting your claim process and very good luck with it.

Thanks. No I didn't get bored, just got nervous when you got nervous bout court stuff n that!

Feel a bit of a fraud using your thread, how do i create my own?:|