• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nettyg v Hsbc ***WON***

nettyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys... happy new year! (yeah i know i'm late but i've been busy!!!)

i'm still popping in and out of here to see how y'all doing - looks like you're having a bit of a wait these days but hang on in there..... GOOD ALWAYS WINS OVER EVIL! ;)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Netty - lovely to hear from you again .:) Hope you're OK .

Lovely - a real blast from the past - you helped me when I needed it - and latty of course.......:D . And you're still there with the encouragement .

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Great minds post alike pete Ha-ha - good evening mate!:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

ok guys long time no see i know... i now need help with a private landlord issue - she's taking me to court - i'm contesting it (as usual) can anybody point me in the right direction PLLEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!! lol

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• 1 year later...

Hi hope im posting in the right place?

Its not my first contact with this great site but i'm not too good with PC's.

With the sites help I had charges refunded.I am now going through the process again and I have posted a preliminary letter and received an income & expenditure form in response, with their standard you new our terms b4 you opened an account with us letter,am i right in thinking I do NOT fill this in but send the LBA letter next?

I am on Disability benefits and really struggling and menioned the hardship fact but to no avail.

Thanks

Annie

Hi annie , welcome back to the forum :)-

Firstly , I suspect the reason you've got the Income & Expenditure form is because you mentioned hardship ...... that's their way of easing their conscience..... they probably won't take a bit of notice of what you send in , they've even been known to ignore their own deductions from an account as Expenditure and their criteria are so strict that it's practically impossible to get them to acknowledge 'Hardship' . But I would still send it in - it's ammunition if you have to complain that they've ignored your hardship claim.

Secondly ,their letter is just a fob-off template , ignore it and press on with an LBA ...... your object is to get this claim 'stayed' in court for the moment .....

Incidentally , it's now better to use the local court form N1 than the online service - there's more room for Particulars of Claim ..

btw probably better to open your own thread on this and we can get a Moderator to move our posts from here... it means you get answers which don't conflict with anyone else..... just access the 'New Thread' button at either the top or bottom of the main HSBC site page - you can probably copy/cut and paste your original question ...... I'll look out for your new thread .......:)

And by all means come back if you need further guidance on this, someone will answer .... :D

Edited by johnnymitch
afterthought.
  • Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

I sent copies of my statements to the HSBC bank asking for a refund for bank charges over 6 months ago. I received a letter confirming receipt and that they are unable to come to a decision until the banks have been to court. However, on reading that refunds are being received by customers and I still haven't heard anything makes me think that I do not qualify, or is this something that I should chase. Any advise would be appreciated.

Hi mangua , welcome to the forum :)

Could you open your own thread on this please ? It means you get answers which don't conflict with anyone else..... just access the 'New Thread' button at either the top or bottom of the main HSBC site page - then you can copy/cut and paste your original question ...... I'll look out for your new thread .......:-)

Thanks

johnny :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi

I sent a letter to HSBC requesting my bank charges back, they wrote back to me twice, the last letter dated 4th June 2008 stated that ...."customer complaints relating to unarranged overdraft charges will continue to remain on hold"... This is the last I heard from them, however I found out today that my account balance has been passed to a debt collector. I am totally baffled by what's going on as I can see sums of money has been paid back to customers, how can these customers get they charges reimburse and I can't. What am I doing wrong?

does anybody know if any1 has had thier charges back from hsbc yet? I put my claim in well b4 it was on hold and I was litrally about to get the money! If it was put on hold a few days later I reckon I would have had my charges back, so I should be near the top of the pile!

d1cky - as magician's girl says, no one is getting anything from hsbc unless they can prove a hardship case. everyone else is having to wait until the banks, courts, ombudsman and everyone involved comes up with a plan. i doubt it will be soon - just keep an eye on the site - when things start to move you'll know about it.

if you are feeling itchy - why not try to reclaim money from protection insurance if you had a loan or from credit card charges. these are not involved with the big court case and are still active.

Dicky , my son was in exactly the same position when the bar dropped .....:( . They had agreed to pay up 100% including interest and court fees ..... 48 hrs later - it was withdrawn and the case has been 'stayed' ever since ...........

And latty and magiciansgirl are absolutely right - the Credit Cards and PPI are not affected by the Court case - so why not go for that while you're waiting ?:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Oh I am indeed, u know urself I have already started the ball rolling for credit cards. Sorry if I have come acroos impatiant but it was just the fact that on some previous posts to mine ppl were saying that some ppl have already started receiving thier charges back! I was just seeing if it was from hsbc. I mean are these roomers true and if so who has started to pay out?

Oh I am indeed, u know urself I have already started the ball rolling for credit cards. Sorry if I have come acroos impatiant but it was just the fact that on some previous posts to mine ppl were saying that some ppl have already started receiving thier charges back! I was just seeing if it was from hsbc. I mean are these roomers true and if so who has started to pay out?

HSBC are paying out but not necessarily 100% of the claim. Seen a payout this week from HSBC but not here.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

k cool, thats just one out of I dnt know how many (alot). Ill start to get anxcious when I can see clearly that everyone has started to get thier money bk. this is another reason why im keeping a close eye!

• 3 weeks later...