friend s old Mortimer Clarke CJJ

Hi guys, its been a long time, but I missed this place!

a good friend of mine a few weeks back asked my advice on a letter they received from Mortimer's regarding an old debt from 2006. An unsecured loan with Santander. 

She got into terrible difficulties back then and had her house repossessed, divorced and everything was a mess. It took some doing, but we got her back on her feet and sorted the majority of the issues. I never heard of this debt back then.

I asked her to get a credit check to look for anything on there. Nothing, No CCJ's, all now clean and very good.

We sent the SB letter, but they have come back with one saying there had been a CCJ  issued in 2009. She says she was never aware of it, but didn't ever look either. So im guessing there was. And obviously the SB wont stand.

The letter says last payment ever received was £100 on 14/10/2008

Everything in me wants to tell her to ignore it, but she is panicking it will make things worse and she should pay, but its almost £9,000!

Is it worth requesting a SAR or CCA, or just ignore?

Edited by dx100uk
Format

• dx100uk changed the title to friend s old Mortimer Clarke CJJ

Haha mortimer for their scamming client cabot group think a ccj from 2009, now 13yrs old can ever be allowed to be enforced in court now.

shAme you sent silly letter tennis..you should have ignored it. BUt do so now.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know, I hesitated for a couple of days before doing it too!! I will make sure its ignored, but I just wanted to be 100% sure before I tell her.

Its been a good while since I was site team here, and I am rusty now, but being back and reading around, I forgot how much I loved it here! 😊

Thanks DX x

Hi

I will flag this up for you to see what we can do.

If you remember any of the details of you old account could you message one of the Site Team

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group