EVRi delivered eBay item damaged - buyer refunded, but EVRi won't refund me though I paid insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, 

As above for an item sold on eBay in 21st November - it has taken this long with them messing about for them to finally come up with an excuse not to pay out, as of yesterday, but the reason they have given is that my packaging didn't meet their requirements!

The item was a set of scuba regulators, individually wrapped in bubble wrap, packaged inside a padded regulator bag, and then inside a sturdy cardboard box, which was delivered with one side burst open and the regulators broken - I have photographic evidence of both box and damage.

I just want to double check the next steps. 

1) letter of complaint - where do I send it, HO in Leeds? Does it matter? 

2) letter of claim - sent how long after the complaint letter? 

3) Court claim

Is this correct?

The company is criminal - they never used to be this bad, but I have found them to be belligerently obstructive, and intentionally unhelpful as they quite obviously know they because they are unregulated they can get away with it. I, for one, will never use EVRi again! 

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

HQ.

did you declare the full value to hermes?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hiya

Yes, they made me provide the ebay sales receipt 5 separate times I think, because they kept asking for the same thing. £94 plus postage. They gave me a £9.36 refund as a goodwill gesture and will no longer respond to my request to clarify exactly how my parcel did not meet their packaging requirements 

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep us updated. Post-draft of any messages you want to send here before you send them off.

Let us see your letter of claim and also your particulars of claim before you click them off.

In terms of "hopefully at some point enough people…", It will never happen.

This company claims to deliver 2 million parcels a day so you are expecting a lot of people to suddenly mobilise themselves and to abandon Hermes.

Also, don't forget that the vast majority of the parcels are delivered successfully – but clearly when things go wrong then they are not prepared to step up to the mark and frankly it's quite amazing that they are prepared to accept all of the bad press and reputational damage simply to try and deprive a few people of the reimbursement for the items which they, Hermes, have lost.

Don't imagine for one moment that other people who use Hermes or the suppliers who use Hermes or trading standards or anybody else has got your back. They haven't.
You are completely on your own and in fact the only people who do have your back are – Us.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my complaint letter if someone could have a look please.

Dear Hermes Parcelnet Limited,

On 22/11/21 I paid £9.36 for you to deliver a parcel containing an item sold via ebay (Parcel ID: xxxxxx ebay item number xxxxx). I also paid for insurance against damage.

On 25/11/21, I was notified by the recipient the parcel had been delivered but the box had been burst open in transit and the contents were damaged. The recipient sent me photos of the damaged box, and the damage caused to the item (a set of Aqualung Legend Scuba regulators).

I accepted the return, paid and additional £7 for return postage and after receiving the item on 28/11/21 I refunded the buyer  £97.28. I attempted to contact Hermes customer services on 1/12/21 and eventually managed to speak to an agent, who emailed me the wrong claim form (Denial of receipt). I contacted Hermes again on 1/12/21 to request the correct form, which I then received. I completed an online damage claim on 1/12/21 which included photographs of the damaged item, the damaged box, and details of the ebay sale as requested.

I received a response from Hermes on 23/12/21 asking for Proof of the value of the item, for example a transaction receipt or order summary which shows how much was paid for this item and by whom  - which I had already provided. I provided this again. This then continued until 10/1/22 where I was constantly asked to provide evidence which I had already provided. I provided everything that was requested, along with a description of the packaging (a large sturdy cardboard box, within which the regulators were packed in padded regulator bags, which are made for the sole purpose of protecting regulators from damage). Then, on 10/1/11 it was concluded that Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your claim, since the parcel packaging did not follow our guidelines, as stated on our website.

I have consequently asked five times for details of how my parcel failed to follow guidelines, and have not received reply. I do not find this outcome satisfactory. The item was properly packaged, and I paid for insurance to protect against possible damage in transit. The insurance that you offer against your company’s negligence and failure to deliver the service under contract is an unfair term under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable. I am once again requesting a full refund of the item plus postage £97.28, as well as the return postage fee (£7) which is total sum of £104.28.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days from the date of this letter, I will issue legal proceedings against you in the county court without any further notice.

It's rather wordy – there really is no need to tell them your life story – but it will do.

Send the letter and then register with the County Court money claim system and start preparing your claim. Post a draft here so we can have a look.

I suggest that you try to keep it scant

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

I've finally had a response to my small claims court case, wherin EVRi / Evri have completely denied responsibility, and refused to pay for the damage they caused to my regulators. I've attached their response - have you got any comments / advice before I fill the form in? Tia

Compress_20220413_110141_1983.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to EVRi delivered eBay item damaged - buyer refunded, but EVRi won't refund me though I paid insurance