Parking Ticket letter from solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey.

I had a letter come through a couple of days ago from a company telling me i parked illegally in morrisons back a few weeks ago. Advising that if i don't pay up the £40 i would have to go to court.

I did not have any notice on my car what so ever and always pay my car parking fees but haven't got the ticket to prove it, i can't even remember where i was on that day but i certainly didn't have any ticket on my car. Do you think im gonna have to pay this £40 as they will end up sticking to their guns anyway and i'll have to pay in the end.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Read the following thread:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/5232-your-parking-ticket-may.html

It tells you all you need to know about parking, including parking on privately owned premises such as Morrisons. It would also be a good idea to go back to the car park and see what signage they have around regarding parking there.

• Haha 1

I have spent the last few hours on how the ticket may be illegally issued, i can't verify any of this though as i haven't had the ticket. I never received anything. Not quite sure how i need to respond to their letter really. Do i literally just say that i don't know anything about it??

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

CPlus is the car parking services and the solicitors is Trethowans

Write to them recorded delivery stating that you have no knowledge of ever receiving a ticket in the car park in question, and that you have no recollection of being there when they claim you were.

See what that turns up......

Remember though......

They have no right at all to demand any information from you.

And they can't enforce it anyway, as it's a penalty charge.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

Well heres a copy of the letter they sent me....

Dear Mr Orfoster (i don't like the idea they have my details)

Outstanding Debt in respect of unpaid car parking charges.

Outstanding Amount £40

Date Of Incident: 03/11/2006

Charge Notice Number: 4067002

Vehicle Reg: XXXXXXX

Location- Morrisons- Taunton

Time of incident- 09:56 12:18 (??)

We are instructed by CP Plus LTD who manage the above car park.

We are advised by our client that their car parking attendant observed a vehicle parked at the above location on the specified date and that the vehicle, which is registered in your name, did not adhere to the Parking Regulations as detailed on the notice boards.

As a result, a Charge Notice was issued as detailed above, which remains unpaid.

We are now instructed to recover this outstanding debt which is due and payable by you. Accordingly, if payment in the above sum is not received within 14days from the date of this letter (7.12.06) then our client will issue court proceedings against you without further written notice.

Such action will undoubtedly include a claim in respect of interest for late payment and the additional court fees and costs incurred in the issue of such proceedings. Should you have any doubt about the meaning or effect of this letter, then we suggest that you seek legal advice as a matter of urgency.

I will do what you said above, thanks. What do you think about that letter??

Legal gumph.

They're trying to make you think they're entitled to money that they're not.

Stick to your guns, and if they continue, basically tell them to put up or shut up :lol:

Have a look around the forum, there's plenty of letters you can copy and alter for your own use to play them at their own game and do it with nice legal quotes ;)

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum