Flaws in Defence counterclaim Help

simeon1964
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But why have you gone back to the original version and not used FTMDave's, Simeon?

If you're posting answers to his questions, it might be better to copy and paste the questions and answers into a new post rather then amend the draft defence.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm not clear how all of those figures add up to £16k, to be honest. See what the others thing but I'd have thought the judge would find it useful to have a grand total figure at the end of your schedule.

At the end, is 'Abbravations' meant to be Abbreviations? Also, I would change 'To be assess' to 'To be assessed'.

HB

• Like 1

I can see MiE's point about whether to write to the other side's lawyer. It isn't like playing hardball with a firm representing a PPC where they're a known quantity to us, as in being not very good at their job. and there isn't as much at stake.

But for legal experience, you probably need @Andyorch.

HB

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=47298&key=2573d82b96919b2c16848cf2b3cc948e

I've just reposted the court order from 24th August above. It mentions a document list that has to be exchanged with the claimant by 2nd September. I think it's a list of documents that will be relied on in court, but this isn't my field, and then the other side can ask for sight of them if they want to and so can Simeon.

And a joint surveyor must be agreed on by 2nd September.

From the court order:

'If you do not comply with these directions, any other party to the claim will be entitled to apply to the court for an order that your statement of case [claim or defence] be struck out.'

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@simeon1964 I have to agree with the guys.

It's too much to expect of unpaid volunteers to have to decipher what you mean when it wouldn't be asking much for you to explain it to us properly. Posting up random documents without even telling us what they are isn't how it's done.

We're trying to bail you out since your solicitors stopped but you have to help us to help you by giving us proper information.

When is this in court next?

HB

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, simeon1964 said:

This is. as against me owing £2,580 in his claim. This is where I need help.  which tradesman  can i call in to work in my house for £20, £25, or £150??

Is that the builder's claim? If it is, why is he putting in a claim saying he owes you money?

HB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks