Companies without postal address

today
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I notice that some companies do business online only with an email address but without putting forward a postal address in their website.

The question that I have is if a client of these companies is unhappy with the services or products received from these companies, how can this client take legal action against these companies if this client does not know the postal address of these companies which is necessary to issue a claim to the county court.

These companies received money from their clients so their clients should be able to procecute these company if something goes wrong

Totally agree that these companies should provide a UK address.

The reason they don't is that sometimes they are foreign companies who just use a UK warehouse to ship goods to UK customers. And as they don't own the warehouse, they don't want mail to go there. Or the company does not have any office, as they work from home.

Just because the website is co.uk, does not mean a company has any official office in the UK.

Perhaps always use a websites contact us option to ask for a UK customers services address before doing any business with a company.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for the explanation. However some  British companies also  appear to be going along that route. I am thinking of certain parking companies that Eric's brother  pointed out  and alluding to the fact that with them they used PO box numbers as opposed to a proper postal address. He opined that their PCNs were not correctly issued and though I have searched the internet I can find nothing definitive as to the rules on business documents not being allowed to to use PO numbers or indeed email addresses.

Could you throw some light on that please Uncle Bulgaria.

1 hour ago, today said:

The company is a British publisher of books. Do you know in which website I can find its address?

If it's a proper company then its details should be on the Companies House website with a registered address. 

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Personally I would never buy anything online from a seller who does not provide a physical address on their website.

In any event, I always find it prudent to check a seller's online returns policy to see what address they give.  If they don't give a returns address or it's in Shanghaia - avoid!

2 hours ago, today said:

The company is a British publisher of books. Do you know in which website I can find its address?

I would not necessarily assume that that means they are a UK company subject to the laws of England and Wales... 

There is nothing wrong with a company using a PO Box because we can use a PO Box in a claim form if we need to issue a claim because a PO Box is a legal address with a postcode. However,  this company even not uses a PO Box because it communicates with its clients using an online form.

I cannot use the website of the Companies House to find the address of this company because only limited companies i.e. which have been incorporated are in the Companies House Website. I have done search in the Internet and I found out that it is a British publisher.

If a British publisher sells book in the UK and as a consequence receives money from its clients, their clients should be able to issue a claim to the county court if they are unhappy with the quality of the book sold or for any other reasons.

This company sold books not directly but through Amazon so it does not have a return policy. The address of a UK publisher should be somewhere maybe in an association of uk publishers but I do not know where. The HMRC  should have the address because if it receives money in the UK it should pay taxes but this should be confidential

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

dont bother going after them

go thru amazon, they are equally responsible.

lots of threads here of successes through them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The publisher is Indie Authors Press

it is British independent small press founded in 2011

I have a problem with them and not with Amazon

I would be grateful to you if you find their address

The problem that I have with them is too complicated to explain

They should be also in the UK because they are a British publisher

Nope.not true.

oh well we'll just have to keep pulling teeth to get the info we need to try and  help you properly.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What makes you think they are a British publisher?  Is it because they have a .co.uk email address?  You can have one of those anywhere in the world.

Try answering some questions.

(DX  -  I'll get the novocaine ready while you find the pliers...

On second thoughts, give the painkiller a miss I think...)

I cannot find any UK website for indie authors press.

If they are advertised in Amazon, they might be on their Marketplace and not have a separate UK website.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well that is what I've posted above, isn't it?

They also seem to be these people

WWW.SALGADO-REYES.COM

Spread the loveOUR CURRENT BOOKS MacGuffin $12.99eBook: $3.99 Hollywood, California, August 2005.The double murder of a Beverly Hills...

Do they owe you money?  Have you paid them to do something and they haven't delivered?

Do you want help or not?

11 minutes ago, today said:

I have done search in the Internet where it is stated that they are an independent British publisher which is located in Pimlico London

Rather than us searching around the internet to be told it's the wrong people, couldn't you just link us to something on the internet that shows who you've dealt with?

HB

It more complicated than owing me money but it is irrelevant to the issue of their address

I have simply Googled their name and I found Peabody Avenue and I looked in their Facebook page and I found Belgrave Road

:frusty:

• Like 1

and they

8 minutes ago, today said:

It more complicated than owing me money but it is irrelevant to the issue of their address

I have simply Googled their name and I found Peabody Avenue and I looked in their Facebook page and I found Belgrave Road

And the link[s[ please?

HB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks