Engage Mortgage help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a Mortgages Plc mortgage some years ago. Probably 2004-2009ish. There were a lot of charges on there I believe. I did SAR them years ago and sent a letter asking for fees back but they said no and that this was the end of it. 

Would I be able to try again as it seems many have reclaimed over the past few years successfully? 

Many thanks 

If they have record of your old attempt they will refuse as they will know that you are outside of the 6mts time limit to then goto the FOS to enforce it. Then your only other option is court and they will counter that with the 6 or 3 yrs rules. Out of time.

Where have you seen recent success you mention??

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cant hurt you to try.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've seen mixed messages as to whether it's safe to go after current lending, but they sold the mortgage to my current lender, so presume this won't affect that. 

Do I start with a SAR

Assume I'm looking for arrears charges, any unagreed counsellor visits. Is there anything else? 

• 1 year later...

These chancers were sold my mortgage some years ago. 

I'm looking at my annual mortgage statements and have noticed quite a lot of fees are on there. Just a total figure so I'm not sure what they all are. 

At times they have been charging me for Buildings Insurance despite me always sending my policy to prove I have it each year. Eventually they give me all (or some of it hard to tell) back each year. But I think they add it to the amount due each month as total monthly payment due. As I pay by card each month, I'm wondering if this has ever affected my credit rating as showing I'm not paying my full monthly payment (by their rules anyway).

I also don't know if they charge me interest of those insurance payments and if they have I've certainly never had that back.

My questions then are - it's a crippling interest rate currently as not on a fixed rate and I'm desperate to reduce this. Can I claim anything fee/charge wise back?

I think they have added other amounts to the outstanding balance as it's higher than the original loan, yes a small amount of arrears I'm currently clearing, but it looks as though fees might be in this balance too. How can I sort this?

Also I'm not on this artificial Libor rate. I didn't agree to it and it's very high and climbing by the month. Was anything ever claimable about Libor rate mortgages after the Barclays thing?

Sorry for long post. 

Edited by DilysFiller
Spelling

Time to DSAR and get all the details ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread