o2 refuse £591 refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

So 5 weeks ago i decided i wanted an iPad pro 12.9 and paid an early upgrade fee of £591 as my previous device had broken. 

I paid the £591 device fee and was told this tablet was in stock day later i received an email to say it wasn't in stock and id have to wait i went onto sales chat and told them id like to swap the device to an ipad pro 11 inch.

I was told to wait 24 hours and i could upgrade again as the system will need to update this wasn't the case and i was told to pay the £591 again.

I thought o2 had refunded this amount turns out they didn't I chased and chased over the phone for weeks was told a form would need to be filled out and sent and it takes 48 hours and nothing happened.

When looking at my account the upgrade fee had dropped to £561 and my employer paid this into my wage as i needed it for work.

So now in total o2 has had £1152 for a £591 upgrade and now refusing to refund me the £591 i originally paid.

See a response to their email this morning this has come directly from the CEO office

Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying but I’ve been on leave over the Christmas period.

Having looked further into the £594 refund you’d mentioned previously, I hadn’t realised that this was in respect of an amount you’d paid to settle your Device Plan in full. A refund wouldn’t therefore be applicable. Once a Device Plan is settled, we’re unable to reinstate it.

I’m sorry if you’d previously been advised this was possible. I can see that someone did request a refund for the amount concerned but our Cash management Team rejected the request for the reason mentioned above.

I'm trying to make head or tail out of this because it's a bit complicated at the moment.

In particular they refer to something called Device Plan – and they seem to base a decision to withhold your money in connection with that.

Yet you haven't referred to it in your story. In fact you haven't referred to it at all.

So maybe you'd like to tell us a bit more and fill out these kinds of gaps.

Also, I suggest that you send O2 an SAR immediately

What about contacting your bank and doing a series of chargebacks.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...