NHS Role - No COVID-19 vaccination - No Job

hayho1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hayho1  to some extent I am walking on eggshells responding here since my gut instinct is surprise that you are working in the NHS seeing so many people dying from covid  and not wanting to be vaccinated. Especially as the Omicron variant appears to be much more deadly for those who are unvaccinated if what we are being told about it is true.

It may be that you have an underlying health problem that may be  exacerbated by being inoculated. Indeed a friend of mine has been afflicted by small cuts or lesions on her lips, tongue and elsewhere inside her mouth  which have been extremely painful and perhaps affected by the vaccinations reacting to some of the medicines she takes all the time. On the other hand the pain around her mouth has now gone and she is still alive which may not have been the case had she not taken the vaccines. 

On the one hand you do have the right not to be vaccinated but at the same time those around you also have the right not to be in contact with unprotected people. This is probably more important when people are visiting  hospital either as patients or visiting patients. My wife has a number of underlying health problems so much so that when she goes to hospital I am able to accompany her as her carer. She only visited hospital five times last year and stayed only twice which sounds like she had a good year compared to earlier years but she did suffer at home instead.  So you will understand that I have to be extra careful myself not to contract the virus  as I would feel so bad should I get it and pass it on to my wife. For that reason I would not want to have to deal with you were you in my local hospital. 

I guess that we are not going to eliminate the virus any time soon, if ever. But with so many anti vaxxers in our Country it doesn't help us as a community to minimise the spread of the virus. Sadly it appears that the death rate for anti vaxxers who contract covid is higher than those who have taken the inoculations. Which was the point of producing the vaccine in the first place-to preserve lives.  I doubt that you will be swayed from your own convictions though I would be interested to know the reaction of your fellow workers who have taken the vaccine to your stance on the matter.

• I agree 1

• dx100uk changed the title to NHS Role - No COVID-19 vaccination - No Job