@Webtogs return problem. Awful customer service.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and happy new year. I wondered what your views are on this. I am aware of my statutory rights and S.75 claims but so far in terms of proof, Webtogs have the high ground I think. 

I ordered a size 8 coat for my fiancèe on the 23rd of November. She tried it on at Christmas and needed a size 10. 

Webtogs don't do exchanges and so I had to place a new order for a size 10 and then start a return and refund process for the original. I was given a returns authorisation number but when I used their automated system, it rejected it as being over 30 days since purchase.

At the time of purchase, the website clearly stated extended returns for Christmas orders but conveniently, that has since been taken down. 

I tried their online email system but had no reply so I rang them. After 1 hour and 40 minutes on hold, a foreign guy answered and as soon as I mentioned a return, he put the phone down. 

The problem I've got is that it is after 30 days from purchase and I haven't got a screenshot of their Christmas returns policy. I guess that a S.75 claim with my credit card provider will also fail without this proof. 

They did give me a returns authorisation number though, which is all I can cling to for now. The reviews online are scathing and label them as scammers. I think I should report them to trading standards at least.

Any advice at all?

Have a look and see if there is an archived copy of the webpage you are looking for here

What a legend. I'll buy you a pint if you ever wander over this way. 👍 Thanks 

The archived page states orders placed from 1st of November have until 15th of January to be returned 👍

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Let us know if you need any more help dealing with these people now that you have caught them out.

In terms of the pint – if you fancied donating it using one of our donation buttons, that would be very much appreciated. We are going through difficult time and we have bills to pay

• BankFodder changed the title to @Webtogs return problem. Awful customer service.

Trading standards will do nothing about anything. But if you want to try, then good luck.

You will have to go to them through Citizens Advice – who are well-intentioned. I can say that much about them

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 1