Should I still send my S.A.R letter?

~*Cash Crisis*~
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm all set to write up and send off my S.A.R letter to my previous bank (Account closed 2 years ago)!

My partner tells me we owed the bank a hefty sum of money due to their charges alone and that they passed on our debt to a debt recovery company and they have since added an enormous amount of fees to it, the total debt now is £1800 approx!

Am I still entitled to take the bank to the small claims court even though they passed on our debt to a recovery company?

Any help will be gratefully received!

Yes you most certainly are. What has happened since doesnt change the fact that the bank debited unlawful charges. You may even find you can persue the recovery company. Im sure people have done it but it's not something I have any experience of personally. Plenty here that can help though I'm sure.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Hi Lee, it's the A&L bank, I don't know the name of the debt company but I have their official letters in a drawer somewhere!

I'm in Scotland so I guess I'll need to make two separate claims, one after the first claim has concluded, I have a hunch that the penalty charges will exceed the £750 limit!

Kev.