Thesis SLC Loan - now Link saying i've defaulted

Loan stress
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received notice of arrears letters from Thesis regarding my student loans

I contacted them as the account is in deferment accepted by SLC, they informed me they cancelled the deferment and have defaulted my account and passed this to Link Outsourcing who are now demanding £8660 for a 25 year old debt that I have never earned above threshold to make any payments.

I have e-mailed Link as I am not prepared to talk to them over the phone, Thesis were bad enough! To tell them I dispute this and to find out what my options are as I can not afford this debt.

I have tried to research this as they are saying any arrears on the account mean the loan is not wiped after the 25year period and as I missed deferring for 4 years of the loan period I now owe this huge debt.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated as to what my next steps should be as I am afraid they will take me to court.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

So what years did you take out student loans ?

Have you always deferred since you graduated ?

If you did not defer for a period, why did you not defer ?

Did you get notice from SLC that they sold the loan debts ?  If so when did this happen and who bought the debt ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes how many years did you miss deferring please?

thesis are LINK in sheeps clothing.

NEVER EVER believe a word they say and most certainly do not speak on the phone EVER well done

pers i wouldn't use email either

get the true data and comeback to us please

for now go radio silent.

pop up on the SLC portal on their website, log in, and get the TRUTH about what has actually happened.

they wont do court thesis loans never do, but they will most certainly try and scam you into paying.

the arrears are most probably bogus data anyway simple used as an excuse to you thinking you can't now write them off as 25yrs have expired.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Thesis SLC Loan - now Link saying i've defaulted

Hi

There are 4 student loans altogether 95,96,97 and 1998.

I have evidence of deferments from 1998 through to 2016; when I went through a messy divorce and multiple house moves.  Thesis contacted me at my new address, I spoke to them and set up a deferment for 2020- 2021, then another for 2021-2022 (to expire 14th March) with SLC. I have never paid anything.

I received a letter from Thesis 27/10/2021 serving a default notice under section 87(1) of the consumer credit act, I spoke to them and that’s when they told me they had cancelled my deferment and arrears were accruing for missed payments. I called them and they said I had 3 months to pay the £8000+ which I said I couldn’t pay.

They said they would file the default and I had to wait for the debt collectors to be in touch, hence this request for help/advice.

Thanks 

oh god so you have spoken on the phone several times to thesis/link (same lot differing desks nearer the bog) ......

well you now know they LIE and will do so to continue their tissue of lies to extort money out of you.

now, you state you were deferring to SLC earlier, then you state above thesis. 

which was it please? and to whom for what years...

but be safe to know thesis/link cannot arbitrarily just cancel a deferment. Because they later discover you missed a few but they didn't check back then.

pers i'd simply ignore them.

there is seriously little they can do to you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You dont and should not have been using thesis deferment packs.

use the old slc one thats in this forum, but thats immaterial now.

have you in writing like by email stated to. Link etc that you did not defer for these 4 yrs, and they are not stating they are chasing arrears from that period too? 

they are only chasing arrears created by their recent deferment cancellation?

Please Just remember a dca is not a BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt...no matter what its type.

dont complain pointless.

it is unusual for all loans to be sold to thesis/honours. Are you sure thesis were sold all of them?

DX

and they

The deferment letter I have received is from SLC stating Thesis servicing administers the account. The deferment period is from 15thMarch 2021 - 14th March 2022 and lists all 4 of the loans years 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996 , (apologies I stated a year older in my previous message) 

the letter states the account will continue to accrue interest during the deferment period, any direct debits will be suspended ( I don’t have any set up)

it also states I can make voluntary repayments to the loan accounts at any time by contacting the relevant loan administrator.

Thesis were appointed to the accounts on 1st October 2008.

Thesis default letter was chasing total arrears of £4631.69 and Link are chasing outstanding balance under all agreements including arrears, default interest and unpaid default sums total of £8638.84

I have another letter dated 14th November 2021 stating arrears were £3622.93 on 16th May 2021 and on 14th November they are £4631.69 with no understanding of how these arrears are made up. The statements only show the monthly interest of around £15

I really do not understand the figures they are showing.

sort of making more sense now.

SLC still hold the overall administration role.

pers i would totally ignore the other interlopers even if they were sold the loans in 2008.

you'll see lots of threads in the SLC forum i've moved you too. bottom line ignore.

if you want to WRITE to anyone then do so to SLC directly, do not mention anything about the interlopers stating arrears etc, simply enquire as the loans have reached 25yrs, should they not now be written off? 

lets see what they say.

dx

and they