SAR British Gas Complaint.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Quick Question.  Since British Gas are incapable of answering my question, does anyone know if I have to pay to send an SAR to them.  It used to be £10, but some don't charge.  I have repeatedly asked them for their subject access request policy with no joy.  I am beginning to think they have no idea what I am talking about. 

It's completely free and has been for some time.

Please read all the advice we give under this link – SAR

Thank you. 

As they have not taken my sons complaint seriously and advised him if he is willing to close the case they will  credit his gas account and electric account with £40. 

They have left them (1 child of 5 and 1 child of two) for over 24 hours on three different occasions with no heating or hot water after removing his smart meter and fitting a normal one and then not sending him a top up card. 

I cannot tell you the amount of times we had to contact them over a 10-12 day period.  Messages, broken promises and things not done.   They only seem interested in him closing the case. 

I want to know the series of events / failings that left them with no heating or hot water. 

What exactly is it I am asking for?  I am not interested in processing of data and how long they keep it for, I am interested in what was done from engineer visits, telephone calls, whatsapp messages and online chat. 

The process of taking the message or phone call and what failed and made him call again. 

Does that make sense?

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

The best thing to do is to send them a wide-open SAR. Get everything – and then wade through it.

Use the template that we suggest under our SAR link. If you start describing exactly what you are after, you risk limiting yourself to certain data when in fact there could be other data available that might be relevant.

Get everything.

Then when you find out the story, come back here and will help you go through the next step.

I'm afraid it will take 30 days so you should get going immediately

When you receive the data and when you have understood it and you have the story straight in your mind, I suggest that you then start a new thread and laying out exactly what the problem is in a bullet pointed chronology.
I don't see much point in continuing this thread as it seems to me that the purpose of it is finished and it will be better to start with a clean slate

Bit puzzled.

why did they swap out a smart meter for a card meter??

doesn't make sense??

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...