Erudio and Thesis demanding payments from time I was waiting for deferment to be processed

Arwen12

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve got some student loans from the late 90s and have been deferring them with no problem until this year. For some reason, SFE decided not to accept my bank statements (they were in the same format as they’d been every other year) but I didn’t receive the letter they apparently sent telling me this.

The first I heard of the issue was an arrears letter from Erudio in the summer. When I spoke to them, they explained what had happened and so I reapplied for deferment and was accepted, with the start date being July rather than the original May.

In the meantime, Erudio forced me into paying nearly £200 to stop them from defaulting my account while the deferment was processed.

Since then, I’ve received another letter from them demanding the rest of the alleged arrears and today I’ve received a similar letter from Thesis.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to avoid paying them and to get my money back?

sorry but you've been had blind!

who is SFE?

and you should NEVER EVER ring anyone, as you've found Erudio (Arrows DCA in sheeps clothing) will lie on the phone to get you to pay free money to them for their nightly drinks bill down the pub.

and what has Thesis got to do with Erudio?, they are two separate companies that had SLC loans sold to them at differing times under differing rules.

Thesis are Link DCA in sheeps clothing and are even better masters at lying than erudio are as they taught erudio how to do it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

SFE are Student Finance England (the Student Loans Company).

SLC sold 2 of my loans to Erudio and 2 to Thesis so they now both believe I'm in arrears to them.

What should I do now?

so you were deferring using the original SLC forms directly to SLC (yes SFE) and they just decided this year to create an issue?

if so ignore thesis and erudio , pers if you are within 120 days if you used a debit card to pay Erudio the fake arrears i'd go do a chargeback with your bank.

the error was not your and you should not suffer.

the FOS would if it got that far side with you.

have you WRITTEN to SLC complaining of their error and the money it's cost you etc etc.

please dont get had by Arrows and Link, they are both only DCA's and DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers on any debt.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, that's right - all my deferments still go through SLC.

I’m self-employed so the only reason I have to send my bank statements is to show my disability benefits (which aren’t counted for income purposes anyway). Rather than print out about 20 pages of statements and then spend hours redacting most of the transactions, I’ve always just sent a 1-page statement generated from a search for the relevant transactions.

This has been accepted every year until now but was rejected this year as the document didn’t have my address on it (it did have other info though that could be used to prove it was my account). There’s a letter about it in my SLC account but I didn’t receive the one they claim to have posted and didn’t see the online version until after I discovered there was a problem.

I did write a complaint to SLC but they just blamed me, saying I should have included statements with my address on them.

I made the payment 110 days ago so I’m just within the chargeback timeframe. What evidence can I give that I didn’t actually need to make the payment? Are there guidelines regarding when the loans companies are supposed to agree to backdate deferments by 3 months?

Also, is there anything I can do to prevent Erudio and Thesis from adding defaults to my credit file? I’m not bothered about the threat of court action but I don’t want them ruining my credit rating.

Thanks a lot for your help and happy Christmas!

chargeback... state to the bank your were conned over the phone into believing a person on it was abut turns out now to be a powerless dca and the payment was made in error to them. 

as for the credit file, they can't default you the accounts are too old and we've not seen this happen.

and they