Beware @SorelleUK online retailer - Have they an unlawful returns policy?

SalfordTony999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter bought goods online for £79.04 from SorelleUK.

When the goods arrived she saw that the quality was TERRIBLE, cheap and nasty.
She returned them - UNWORN - within the 14 day cooling off period she is given by Law.
She requested - as per the Law - a complete refund.
Sorelle ignored the request and gave her a credit note.

We complained, stating that the Consumer Contract Regulations stated she was entitled to a refund. This was confirmed by Citizen's Advice.
They replied stating that they ONLY had to give a credit note, as it said in their terms - even though IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW.

Since then we have been ignored by them, despite trying to contact them by email and via social media. We even messaged the owners - Manuella Mosca and Jamie Smedley - who just deleted messages and blocked us. 

I even contacted Meadowhall - as sorelle have a shop in there. Sorelle started LYING to Meadowhall, claiming - WEEKS AFTER - that the goods had been worn. Review sites will show that this is a con they have tried with MANY others.

I have reported them to Trading Standards - as have Citizens Advice.

Re the review sites;

they also have fake reviews submitted, to counteract the MANY bad reviews.

The fake reviews are written in the same way, so are obvious!!

I wish to ensure that others are not ripped off by this company.
Everyone who has been ripped off by them should complain to Trading Standards and the Police.

Sorelle should be prosecuted.

Edited by dx100uk
formatting and thread title amendment

This forum exists to give people help with the consumer problems they face and to provide solutions. It seems that you have simply come along here to do a hatchet job on some company.

If you want some help then layout your story in a bullet pointed chronology and we will be happy to give you the advice you need to get the solution you deserve.

Otherwise, please don't come here and simply badmouth companies. That's not what we do.

If you imagine that reporting to them to citizens advice/trading standards is going to get you a solution then I'm afraid that you don't really understand how it all works.

The only way to get a solution is to take your own direct action which you can take yourself – or as I've already suggested, we will be happy to help.

for want of clarity.

it is not illegal and it's not against any LAW, as in a criminal matter, the items are unfit for purpose or not as described so it's against your consumer rights, a civil consumer matter, so unlawful.

its also worthy to note that as you returned them within 14 days and this was an online purchase, you don't need any reason to return an item. which is why the distance selling regulations were incorporated into CRA in the 1st place, regardless to their quality nor their suspicions they were worn . immaterial. they must refund fully regardless, not issue a credit note .

pers as these were obv paid for by a debit card online , i would go do a chargeback with your bank.

thread title amended.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Beware @SorelleUK online retailer - Have they an unlawful returns policy?
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks