what is the points/ban/fee, for driving 55 in a 50zone? Within 2 months of a previous offense of 3 points, and £100?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I got a speeding nip ticket from police, and i need to pay the fine and 3 points..

. my driving license is at an old address, but I still have access to that address..

I need to send of this license, If I am to change it, i dont think it will get back in time then having to send off it within 3 weeks.. (28th November)

On dlva site and Ive heard others say that its not an offense, as long as you can be contacted at that address...

Anyone in the Uk knows DVLA are very slow atm.....

Advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I got a letter saying the police have not received my form license that I had to send off for 3 points, I have paid the £100 aswell,

I sent the license off and form, on the 12th of November, and it got there on the 15th of November, it was signed by the court and it was photographed, for proof..

The letter states I have  an extra 7 days to send it in.. received the letter on the 24th of November...

what happens next? I cannot phone the number on the letter until Monday, its a Monday-Friday helpline...

The last thing  I want is them at my door for arrest, or even banning me from driving...

• dx100uk changed the title to Police sent letter saying they have not received my licence in the post (they have)

They dont arrest people over that!!...simply phone them or email with your proof of sending it where/who

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And incidentally although it sounds obvious, well done on making sure that you obtain a proof of delivery.

It's extraordinary the number of people we've had here who have simply put the licence in the post and nothing to prove that they had done it.

Hi

I have to agree simply contact them by phone or email with your proof.

Please remember both the Form you completed and your Driving License contained Personal Data and you need to know what has happened to these.

I would also make a complaint to the Court that you got that letter from the Police when you have proof the Court signed for those on 15th November and you require clarification as to where the Form you had to complete and your Driving  License has gone as these contained Personal Data which comes under the Data Protection Act due to getting that letter from the Police.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Manxman's query is very relevant. You do not send your licence to a court in response to a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty. It goes to the ticket office who made the offer. At that stage there has been no involvement with any court.

If your licence does not turn up you may face a problem.

It is unlikely that the ticket office will accept that because you have proof of posting and receipt, that they necessarily have seen your licence. If they don't, your £100 will be returned and the matter will be heard in court.

When it does get heard, you can ask the court to sentence you at the Fixed Penalty level (£100, three points and no costs). They have guidance suggesting they should do so in such circumstances. 

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I sent it to the address that I was told to, on the letter. It was signed by "Court" with a hand written signature what looked to be like xps1 or something

I sent it to the address that was on the letter, and it was signed by "court"

"Regional Fixed penalty office

PO Box5992

Southend on Sea

Essex SS1 9PX

Signature of  XPs1 or something

7.41am

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

just type no need to keep hitting quote

posts tidied.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

18 minutes ago, Unknownfuture21 said:

Ok so, all good then? They received, its all on them now

No, that's not what I said. At present they are saying they have not got your licence. If they maintain that stance (that is, although you have proof of posting and receipt, they still say they have not got it) they will take court action and your £100 will be returned. If they do not find your licence they will not deal with the matter under the Fixed Penalty scheme. 

Best to speak to them, explain you have proof of receipt and ask them to look for your licence. But as I've said, if they insist they haven't got it, you may find yourself facing court action. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does the address on the license need to have my address on it, or can it be on another address I dont live at but can be contact at?

Also If I am to change it, which form do I need? Online doesn't work  for some reason...

Change your details

Photo not available

If you are renewing your licence at age 70 or over, please ignore this page and click the 'Next' button.

Your passport photo cannot be used to renew your driving licence, as your UK passport must be valid. If you wish to continue with your online application, without renewing your licence, please click on the 'Next' button below.

If you need to contact us for further support or information click here

If you wish to renew your licence, then you cannot continue with your online application. For other ways to renew your licence, please use the 'Other ways of renewing your licence' link below and then click on the 'Cancel' button below to end your online application.

I need an up to date UK passport to change it online?

WWW.GOV.UK

Change the address on your full or provisional driving licence for free - do it online or by post

i would not be using a 'fake' address.

and they

online forms have not worked for many people for months.

i would not be changing addresses whilst you've potential fines in the pipeline.

what are you worried about , the potential £1000 dvla summary 'fine'?

you need to deal with the impending 2nd speeding fine.

i think it's appropriate to change the title of your thread to that, which i'll do

then the experts tomorrow will advise.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to what is the points/ban/fee, for driving 55 in a 50zone? Within 2 months of a previous offense of 3 points, and £100?

i've also merged your 3 existing threads as it give a complete history of your issues.

dx

and they

Ok.

Well the 1k fine wouldn't be great... It said as long as I can be contacted at one of the addresses which I still can as its my mums address...

I was coming back from work, and on autopilot doing around 53-56 in the 50 zone.. dunno If i slowed down enough just in time or not...

in my previous my offense, i said in a note I will get my address changed on my licence when I get it back, but I delayed it because of Christmas and the risk of it going missing in the post is higher at this time of year....

oh ok so poss not gonna get another NIP then??...let's see.

as for the DVLA, don't worry about that, it's not a Fine in the likes of what you are/have dealt with.

it's 'summary' offence and to be honest is rarely levied, and they only have 6mts too, which is why they don't often 'use' it. you should be well ok.

there is no harm in you getting the form from a post office that has it in preparation for after the new year mind.

as long as you get free proof of posting from the PO counter when you eventually send things off you are covered, my neighbour did the same back in late October and has still not received hers back.

dx

and they

Leaving aside the postal issues, etc., if you have seen action for 55mph in a 50 limit could you post a redacted document up here. Enforcement normally begins at 57mph and I (and many others here and elsewhere) would be interested to see where the national guidelines are not being applied (so  that we can advise others).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the festive period adds atleast one day poss 2 to time limits

and they