BRM Select cars - Sold Mercedes not as advertised ***Resolved with Full refund***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey no sweat.

we don't mind and we have large corks and big buckets...

everyone in c us makes mistakes...said the dalek climbing off the dustbin.

we're here for YOU.

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Catter

Don't worry about it at all you just have a good and safe Christmas.

Make sure and keep us update on this and were here to help.

• I agree 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

7 hours ago, Catter said:

BankFodder

dx100uk

Manxman in exile

stu007

I have re read all my posts on this subject and realise that i have been coming across as a complete T*T. I humbly apologise to you all for that.

I recieved an email attachment from this dealers solicitor this morning.

As it is the Christmas nothing can be done at the moment, so i will post further in a couple of days.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Please don't worry. We have lots of people who come to this forum and really don't understand the way forward – and that's why they're here.
To that extent, you are simply one person in the majority of the huge number.

What is really moving is this very decent post that you made – and frankly that puts you back again in a minority of one because I don't think we've ever had anybody big enough to put their hands up in public like this.

Please don't worry. This is a great Community and we will help you to go forward on this.

I'm looking forward to seeing the email that they sent you – so when you're ready….

Have a great Christmas 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

On 25/12/2021 at 06:54, BankFodder said:

... What is really moving is this very decent post that you made – and frankly that puts you back again in a minority of one because I don't think we've ever had anybody big enough to put their hands up in public like this...

Have a great Christmas 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Agreed.  A very generous post from Catter.

(Anybody with a MV Agusta as their Avatar is bound to be a decent chap.)

Hi all. 

I hope you all had a nice peaceful Christmas.

Thankyou all for your kind replies.

Manxman in exile.

Bit off topic. The MV is a very good replica of Giacomo Agostinis bike from the late 1960s. The small group also have a Mike Hailwood Honda 6 replica, from the same period. Man, you should hear that Honda running, wow.!

I was there on the IOM when that epic duel between those 2 for the senior race took place. 1969 i think.

Sorry, back to business .

I will post up the following. A letter i sent to BRM select cars. 

Email from BRMs Solicitor received on the same date.

so a begging gesture.. you have them on the run.

and how can you test lights in the daytime???:crazy: 

have you attained a quote to fit the required lights yet ?

and if your car is like mine you should be able to use it's VIN number on the BMW website and findout exactly what spec lights it was built with.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, that's what i think. Had a phone conversation on Thurs 2312/2012 with Harry Bing of BRM cars.

To check if they received my emails.

He was pretending to be just the salesman.' Out of my hands, with my bosses' and all that.

He is actually the proprietor, i was told when i visited.

Their Solicitor has taken my 'choosing a particular spec of car' completely out of context. Oh dear!

I have not got quotes for fitting the correct lights yet, everywhere has been closed for Christmas.

Calling on the local Mercedes dealer tomorrow(if their open) to get a quote and ask if they can call

up the build spec.

Will also get on the Mercedes website to see if i can find a build list.

Second hand light units of the correct spec are £450/500 on ebay. Thats without all the other bits

plus labour.

Manxman in exile.

Sorry that TT i refer to was 1967. I'm getting old. haha

Hi

I have to agree with dx100uk

Now you mention 'Their Solicitor has taken my 'choosing a particular spec of car' completely out of context' so how do you exactly know it is a solicitor that wrote that letter as it is only signed 'lawgistics' it could have been anyone in that company that wrote that letter. (so bear this in mind you don't have a clue if this is a Solicitor/Paralegal/someone with no legal training)

What I would question before you do actually respond to Lawgistics is:

Thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/2021 reference my issue with BRM Select Cars Ltd which has only been signed 'Lawgistics' Lawgistics Ltd.

Before I respond I require clarification as to the legal qualification of the individual that sent that letter whether they are a Solicitor/Para Legal and Registration Number.

As for BRM Select Cars Ltd info for you:

BRM Select Cars Ltd

Registered Office Address:
B R M
Burringham Road
Scunthorpe
United Kingdom
DN17 2AA

Company Number: 10774831

Company Status: Active

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Incorporated: 17th May 2017

Director: Sukhvinder Singh, Appointed 17th May 2017

Companies House link:

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

BRM SELECT CARS LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts...

Endole link:

SUITE.ENDOLE.CO.UK

BRM Select Cars Ltd is an active company located in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire. View BRM Select Cars Ltd profile, shareholders...

Bizdb link:

WWW.BIZDB.CO.UK

The ultimate information package about Brm Select Cars Ltd including company performance, trademarks, contact data, financial data...

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please don't send them any more correspondence. Don't have any more conversations with them.

You are not in a position to do anything further until you get the quotation for the fitting of the correct lighting system as advised several days ago.

When you have done that then please come back here.

In terms of uploading documents, it's a matter for you but we would normally advise people to have their documents fully redacted so that your personal details are concealed – but in any event, please upload documents in multipage single file PDF format – and also name the file so that it gives some indication as to what it contains.

What you could usefully put up please is a copy of the advertisement which describes the lighting system and upon which you relied.

You also said that the lighting system you expected to find on the car is part of the standard specification. Please can you post up the standard specification as well which particularises the lighting system.

Incidentally, you are under no obligation to test the lighting system or any other part of the vehicle. You are entitled to rely on their advertisement and also the standard specification.

Pay no attention to their so-called solicitors lawgistics. They seem to be the vehicle industry gopher.

One further thing occurs to me.

When getting quotations for the installation of the lighting system, it needs to be a proper installation carried out by an approved installer. On the basis that you have a relationship with BRM which may endure for several years as you may need to go back there again in respect of further defects, you certainly don't want to put them in a position where they could disclaim for other defects by saying that it was somehow connected with the poor standard of work which are being carried out installing a new system of lights.

I understand very well that this would mean that you would be installing the lights – and I understand from you that in fact you would now rather return the car – which I think is probably the correct decision.

Also, you don't need to look around and cheapskates on this. We need to get a proper quotation for a decent standard of work with the system properly supplied and guaranteed.

Don't forget that eventually opposition is going to be to explain to BRM that you will sue them for the cost of the lighting system which will then put them completely out of pocket as they will lose all profit on the car or they can simply accept the car back in order to resell it in which case they will have a zero loss.

If you get super cheap lights and a price for installation by a backstreet installer - you are only doing favours for BRM - and you won't be helping yourself

Also, you want to make sure that the quotation you get for the installation of the lighting system includes the supply of the lights and the installation by the same people. Do not fragment this work because if you do, you end up fragmenting legal liability so that a supplier can blame an installer and an installer can blame supplier. Piggy in the middle – and you are piggy

14 hours ago, Catter said:

Manxman in exile.

Bit off topic. The MV is a very good replica of Giacomo Agostinis bike from the late 1960s. The small group also have a Mike Hailwood Honda 6 replica, from the same period. Man, you should hear that Honda running, wow.!

I was there on the IOM when that epic duel between those 2 for the senior race took place. 1969 i think.

Ah!  If the race you recall was when Ago's chain broke, I think it was 1967(?).  I remember watching it as a kid from the foot of our garden - we were fortunate enough to live on the course at a great location.

'Bikes sounded different (better!) then...

Anyway - Happy New Year and good luck with the Merc.

Whoops!  You corrected to 1967 before I posted.  That'll teach me to read everything before replying to posts...

(I admit I had to look it up to make sure it was 1967 though.  The real reason I remember is because I think it was Hailwood's last year at the TT.  I remember Ago's dominance of the early 70s better).

Please could you combine these PDFs into a single document – we need PDFs uploaded in single file multipage documents please and named to give us an idea of what the file contains. Thank you

Hi all.

I have not yet obtained a quote for upgrading the light system. Awkward with the Christmas hols.

Their 'Solicitor' office is closed until 04/01/2022. I will be following advise to check their qualifications etc.

stu007 thanks for the links to the company house data. Most enlightening and very useful.

pdf of

the original ebay advert which i relied on.

And the part spec list for the car from HPI database.

docs2.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
pdf's merged

Yes it's a bad time of the year to be dealing with this kind of thing but hopefully you will get the quotes that you need in January.

You say that this car was normally fitted with xenon lights as standard so I wonder why this particular once you have bought does not have them.

Also I remember that I asked you about the name of the person you have been dealing with but I'm not sure that you gave us an answer

Hi all. Happy New Year.

As advised, i contacted Lawgistics to clarify their qualifications. To date i have had no reply.

The person i dealt with at BRM Select cars calls himself Harry Bing. His real name is Sukhvinder Singh. He is listed on Companies House as Director with 3/4 control.

I find it impossible to get a quote to upgrade the light system. My local Mercedes dealer called up the build spec. today. The car was built with the halogen light system from new.

I was advised that an upgrade to zenon or led is totally unviable. The wiring and control systems would be incompatable. Also there would possibly be a problem with fitting upgraded lights to the existing bodywork.

Therefore I do not think upgrading the lights and sueing for the cost is an avenue that i can use.

My intention now is to send a Letter of Claim to BRM Select cars Ltd. as soon as possible, basing my claim on my rights under the CRA 2015.

In the meantime i will have to read up on the method for issuing a claim with the Court  under the fast track procedure.

When i have it complete i will post it up here for any advice before sending.

• Like 1

Who advised you to contact lawgistics? I hope it wasn't me

Yes will your claim will go to the fast track – but on the basis of what you have told us, your position is pretty secure and you have a better than 95% chance of success – and that's just me being a bit cautious.

I've just gone back through the thread and I see that it is one of our site team who suggested you write to lawgistics.

I wouldn't have advised this myself. It's a bit like feeding a Troll.

51 minutes ago, Catter said:

My local Mercedes dealer called up the  build spec. today. The car was built with the halogen light system from new

thats all you need.. get it in writing?

car sold under false spec..

and they

28 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

thats all you need.. get it in writing?

car sold under false spec..

I agree.  If Mercedes are saying this model was only ever fitted with halogen lights and that xenon lights can't be retrofitted, then the car must have misrepresented and not as advertised in the first place.

post as text here so we can edit/copy please

and they