Stolen vehicle. PCN's issued, appealed but refused. Hackney Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi any help appreciated.

Had my vehicle stolen in an aggravated burglary last December. About 4 weeks after the vehicle was stolen I started to receive parking fines in Hackney, all in exactly the same place.

I contacted the police and they collected my vehicle.

I contacted the council and explained that my vehicle had been stolen, they advised to appeal and to include the crime reference number, this advice is also on their website.

I completed all of appeals, but did not hear anything.  I foolishly thought that they had just been cancelled.

In the beginning of October I had a bailiff turn up, I explained the situation and that I would not be paying any money. I called TEC and they talked me through completing a Out of Time application, this was two weeks ago.

Today I have received a letter from Hackney Council saying they are opposing my application.

Any ideas what I should do now??

Many thanks.

Edited by dx100uk
block of text spaced to paragraphs

let them,

you have police evidence it was stolen and was not in your possession at the time of the offences?

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX. I have the crime reference number, contact at CID and email regarding the theft. The only reason we found the car was because of the parking tickets. If TEC finds in favour of Hackney Council is there another stage that I can fight this? Thank you!!

Tec will not favour the council as long as there is proof from xx date/time to xx d/t it was stolen. 

we can all say that ...it must be proved to them.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would also contact your local councillors, have them work for their money and get them to deal with it.

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!