Has anyone been successful against Barclays Bank yet ???

QBall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems from the litigation section thats there's been no successful Barclays Bank claims as yet ? I know a couple of people were very close to court a few days ago but they seem to have run past their deadlines and stopped posting ? (or i'm just crap at finding the threads).

Be nice to have some success storys to give all of us incentive to take them all the way. :-)

Diving and spending too much

I'm keeping my thread up to date (I think it's 'confused over interest'). Look at Oblong21 v Barclays too. I think she's further than me, but I've filed my claim and Barclays have not sent me a defence yet and their deadline date was yesterday, so I am now looking into the next stage which is to do with the judgement...

I've not been successful YET but I soon will be

just waiting for my hearing date

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

I must admit I am beginning to feel nervous about all this. NO ONE has yet had a case against Barclays and they do seem determined to fight to the bitter end. My case has a defence entered from Barclays. A week or two yet to go. I looks like they dont fold at the stage most banks do.

However, even if I should get to court (knowing my luck it would be me) I will take great delight in telling the judge how, in my opinion they purposely refuse you temporary increases in your overdraught for 5 days(I had been a customer for 7 years at this point with a lot of their products) so that they can whack you with £75 of charges (being over OD limit incurs a penalty of £25 per offence per day for a maximum of 3 days)

Being a good customer I even phoned them ahead of going overdrawn to ask, because I thought it would be dealt with more sympathetically. No chance of that then !;)

hmmm so apart from the £150 the answer is no (so far). I must admit I'll be pleased when there's some cases appearing on the closed litigation section.

Hopefully when they lose a few cases they'll see it's in their best interests to settle a little bit sooner.

Best of luck to whoever is first becasue it looks like they are going all the way. I hope you get plenty of support so you kick their butts in there !!! ;-) and get a slot on GMTV !!

I have had £215 back from them, but they just gave in over the phone and sent me a cheque.

My account was closed with them 3 years ago - I threatened legal action and they caved, just like that.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Ok, so we've had snippets back. In my 50% letter i got the option of calling some woman on her direct line if i dis-agreed with her stance on the 'terms and conditions'. Maybe its worth doing, I'll have to read up on things to throw at her. It may make her fold earlier in my case if she knows im determined to go all the way.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks