ballin vs Barclays

ballin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit confused now, MCOL says the claim was issued on the 25/01/2007 but today there is nothing new on their site, still appears to be waiting for barclays to respond. is it 14 working days? or will i get something through the post before MCOL is updated?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello mate.

MCOL give 5 days for the claim to be served , then 14 days for them to acknowledge , then 14 days for them to defend giving them 33 days in total. so from the 30th they have 14 days to acknowledge which takes it to (i'll just consult me diary) tuesday 13th.

hope that's clear.

well the old predictable's have acknowledged at the 11th hour!

Do i still sit tight, what's next?

I assume I send an updated schedule of charges (with fee's added now?) to Barclays and MCOL, but only when I recieve the notice of acknowledgement through the post?

I have another question which I'm sure I should know :o

When I send a new schedule of charges to Barclays/MCOL I add the court fees on there correct?

But also because the timescale has increased so has the interest. Can I claim for that or can I only claim up to the day I submitted the claim to MCOL? Because I've just looked and with interest I have an extra £200 owed to me now, but obviously my case is claiming for a lesser amount on the paper work, can i update it?

And if so, then surely its best to drag it out as long as possible?

Hi

There is no need to add the court fees on to the schedule you just add these at the end when you reach settlement. With regard to interest you can claim interest up to the date of settlement so you send an updated schedule of charges which shows the current date. Everytime you send in a schedule always send the latest schedule and that will show that the interest is increasing. What you cant do is add any new charges to the schedule once you have filed MCOL unless you amend the claim for which there is a fee. If you do incur any other charges you are better to wait until the current claim is settled and then start again!!!

Peter

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

Got it, thanks Falcom!

And then I assume at settlement I then send the most up-to-date schedule of charges + fee's in a final letter to Barclays?

Thanks for the help, and am I correct in doing what I mentioned in RED above?

Hi - Yes send latest schedule to both Barclays and MCOL once Barclays acknowledge claim on MCOL. Yes you just add the MCOL & AQ Charges (the latter you have not yet incurred) when you reach final settlement so the settlement will be Bank Charges + Interest (as of the date of settlement) + MCOL fee + AQ fee.

Peter

• Haha 1

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

• 2 weeks later...

well today is Barclays deadline for a reply, I expect it to come once again at the 11th hour?

from my last post I have sent a SOC to Barclays and MCOL, am I right to still sit tight?

once barclays reply then I should get the AQ correct?

nothing has changed on MCOL.

I started the claim on

25/01/2007

Barclays acknowledged 14 days later

13/02/2007

14 days later

27/02/07

nothing on MCOL

today : still nothing

can i start judgement?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just a quick update!

we are still waiting to hear from the Court, have rung and confirmed we haven't missed anything in the post, seems to be taking an abnormally long time though!? Still, at least we are earning interest daily on the delay:D

• 4 weeks later...

Amazingly still waiting to hear from the courts!! Getting ridiculous now, every time we call its still with the Judge apparantly, very busy etc etc blah blah!

Finally heard from the Court now, they have requested a list of the charges I am claiming for, listed as:

Charge number (ie 1-whatever)

Date of charge

Amount of charge

I had included the spreadsheet from this site but presumably they need it in simpler terms. My question is should I list all the charges, with the interest as the last charge with todays date?

Obviously the interest is going to be huge as its on every charge, plus of course the daily interest I am charging.

I dont want to get this bit wrong as its taken so long to get here!

Thanks

Another copy of your SOC's will be okay [to both parties]

The spreadsheet shows the description of claim [paid referral etc]

The amount

the date of charge

days since

and interest.

the spreadsheet will auto update when you open it

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did send that originally, the letter seemed to suggest they wanted a simpler SOC? Perhaps it is just a generic letter they send out, will go with what you suggest and copy to both parties :)

I think I will add it also, I dont really want to get Barclays offering a full settlement only to have to go back and say you forgot this bit!

Cheers